Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

At least it’s cheaper than the new Priest box set (42 cd’s, I know). Can you imagine if Maiden releases something like that one day? A monster Eddie’s Archives? I’d be all over that.

They did release a very ugly looking Eddie’s head back in 1998 with all the remastered albums. Whenever I go to visit my mate who has one I am glad I did not buy one…

I'm eager to hear the LP since no doubt the mastering on the CD will be way to fucking loud as it is with all new music for the past 20 years. Give me my dynamic range back please.
I’m just not going back to vinyl. It’s just too damn expensive. And I’ve recently had to adopt digital as my new suv doesn’t have a CD player.

I’m just not going back to vinyl. It’s just too damn expensive. And I’ve recently had to adopt digital as my new suv doesn’t have a CD player.
I have about half of the albums on vinyl and the rest on CD. Most of my Maiden vinyls are the 80's era (single LP's, less pricey) with the addition of some live albums and BNW.

Once you get into the 90's and beyond the albums get longer and longer, first with double and now triple LP's. Which is why most of my later era Maiden is on CD. The expense is one thing but it's also the faffing around with having to change sides every 2 to 3 songs.

Senjutsu will definitely be a CD purchase for me.

Not sure if this has been remarked upon already but Senjutsu is the first Maiden albums since Killers to have a single worded title.

If this album will be as good as TBOS, I will be very happy. To me TBOS is the best reunion album.
1. Powerslave
2. Piece of Mind
3. 7Son
4. The Number of the Beast / SIT
5. The Book of Souls
I agree that TBOS is the best reunion album. It’s just a whisker better that Brave New World. I have a good feeling about the new album.

Some thoughts:

I honestly think this is the most impressive and strong-impact album cover since FOTD / TXF.
Straight to the point. TBOS was, too, but in a different way. This Eddie is friggin' perfect. I feared something "too cartoonish and videogamish" might have come along, after the videoclip came out, but I'm amazed by the quality, the high-definition of details of this album cover.
Also, it's more a dark (very dark) green, rather than a full black background.

Have you guys noticed the parallelism IM : TBOS = KILLERS : SENJUTSU?
The debut album and the 16th album have got an Eddie in the same position, staring at us and "zoomed" until the start of his chest.
The second album and the new album have got the most fierce and battle-hardened Eddies ever.

To me, Senjutsu album cover is an INSTANT CLASSIC.
I thought possible lack of background details would be an issue. This came, but the Eddie is so right-in-your-face that it's simply perfect.

Not the biggest fan of the way the title sounds to my Italian(/English as SL) ears. I think I'm getting more and more used to it, though!
But I have to say it TOTALLY makes sense. Japan, and Asian market in general, is exploding for joy.

The Logo is THEIR BEST EVER on a studio album, imho.
Iron. Red. Silver. What else? #Jizzeverywhere

Can't or want really predict what we're going to hear.
I think they'll just blow us away, also with some very odd, atypical and very modern (yet Maidenish) sounds.
Right there with ya man. Cover is amazing. They've found their new Derek Riggs in Mark Wilkinson. Honours the past but makes it his own and takes it forward.

I took the plunge and got all of the Maiden studio and live albums on vinyl and it ran me over $600. Then the starter on my car went and I was like shit...

I took the plunge and got all of the Maiden studio and live albums on vinyl and it ran me over $600. Then the starter on my car went and I was like shit...
That sucks. I just have too many damn CDs I couldn’t even begin to think of which ones I’d want to get on vinyl. The old vinyl I had from my youth I needed to sell :(

From the Bruce interview in Kerrang I’m intrigued by the interviewer’s following impression of the album:

Shades of prog, folk, blues and soundtrack influences pop up all over the place, all identifiably part of Maiden’s 41-year-old tapestry, but marking their very own shapes on it.

I’m hoping for epics containing cinematic soundscapes and extended instrumental sections. Bring it on I say.

Silver vinyl edition pre-purchased.

I hope someone does a track by track review. We had those for older albums

At this point i would even read a fake one from the super creative forum members of this board :p

Reactions: Gk1
Back