Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Pre-ordered the Silver Vinyl as well, think it looks cool. Will see what the FC exclusive is, I really do not listen to CDs anymore (don't even have a player hooked up at home) .. but can always give them to one of my kids

I still listen to CD's. Especially in the car and also sometimes in stereo and even portable CD player! :ahhh:

The new Maiden will definitely meet de CD player, with headphones!

But do not end up sounding like an old right-wing tabloid reader at the pub. ;)

I find it funny, I don't see London of late 60s and early 70s (when Harris was a kid) as such a peaceful paradise where everyone's house is unlocked and neighbors feed your cat. Wasn't there significant social turmoil then?

Has anyone been able to decipher any lyrics from LIALW? I see a few sentences are visible on that pre order page, but nothing clear to me.

Bruce does not exactly sound complimentary when he addresses the content of Hell on Earth:

“The usual shit grumpy old men complain about”

Guys apologies if this had been posted. Massive interview from Bruce on Kerrang:

https://www.kerrang.com/features/un...ron-maiden-new-album-senjutsu-only-interview/

Thanks for sharing the interview. It was a nice read.

Some interesting bits:

Bruce Dickinson said:
The people who figured some of this stuff out, they should be immediately working for the government as codebreakers – they’re so good!

Bruce, someone being more intelligent than you does not mean that person is Alan Turing!

Kerrang! said:
Security remains tight. When Kerrang! is played the full thing at the London offices of Iron Maiden’s management, it’s done from an unmarked vinyl test pressing. Partly, this is because of “Steve’s never-ending quest for sonic perfection”, as one of their team puts it, with the black-circle master being the most finely-tuned version that exists in the world.

The guy seems to be in a wild goose chase judging by the results since Martin Birch retired!

Bruce does not exactly sound complimentary when he addresses the content of Hell on Earth:

“The usual shit grumpy old men complain about”

Well, he did not write the lyrics, did he? Had Bruce written the lyrics, he might see them as a "witty observation of the current state of affairs" (or words to that effect).

I find it funny, I don't see London of late 60s and early 70s (when Harris was a kid) as such a peaceful paradise where everyone's house is unlocked and neighbors feed your cat. Wasn't there significant social turmoil then?

In the UK some baby boomers see the past with rose-tinted glasses and blame all the problems to the arrival of immigrants (e.g. the Windrush generation, who were British citizens coming to Britain to rebuild the country after WWII and make it a more diverse/better place to be).

It is not just a British problem though. I guess most of us would have heard older relatives in different countries moaning about the state of the world and reminiscing about how much better things were back when they were young.

Back