Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

This is the first album cover in which the title is written vertically.

^ It's a good fit for this cover. The cover and Eddie are great (even without details again) - the dark green background, the red letters and the metallic logo/Eddie's appearance are blended fantastic.

The strangest part of the interview was the following:
Nobody had one,” says Bruce. “Management didn’t have one. I think Steve had a copy on one laptop and one was locked away in a vault somewhere, and that was it. Obviously, we were thinking it’d escape and somebody would hear it. So to have kept it under wraps for this long is pretty good, really. The last time I heard it was when Steve was mixing the Mexico live album. He hadn’t listened to it for ages, so we put it on and both went, ‘This is really good… wow!’”

How could the 3 Amigos and Nicko not have a copy of the album they made!!!

I was just thinking the same (while mowing my lawn)
Are they so ‘what evs’ at this point? I guess that’s trusting the system you have in place.

The strangest part of the interview was the following:
Nobody had one,” says Bruce. “Management didn’t have one. I think Steve had a copy on one laptop and one was locked away in a vault somewhere, and that was it. Obviously, we were thinking it’d escape and somebody would hear it. So to have kept it under wraps for this long is pretty good, really. The last time I heard it was when Steve was mixing the Mexico live album. He hadn’t listened to it for ages, so we put it on and both went, ‘This is really good… wow!’”

Believe it or not, but I’ve been a part of 10+ records that I don’t have a copy of and have no idea where the originals are, so not that strange really.

None of them have ever seemed that invested in the mixing process, with the exception of Adrian who was disappointed last time he got involved (TFF). That’s pretty typical for most rock bands I suppose.

Playing the new album live wouldn’t be that much of a jump from AMOLAD. It’s only barely double album length. You would have time for a good 5 or 6 “classics.”

Has anyone seen anything with regards to IMFC exclusive Shenjustu thing?

i wanna preorder the vinyl and book cd but holding off to see what is in the imfc thing

I like positivity and enthusiasm of Bruce in this interview.
He seems to have been super enthusiastic right from the off with this album. At first I thought it was just because the WOTW was his baby, but he does seem exceptionally positive in this interview.

The Edge Of Darkness confirmed.
Bruce has sang five Blaze songs- Man on the Edge, Futureal, Lord of the flies, Sign of the Cross and The Clansman. The latter two being beloved enough to come back into the set recently.

Can't see any other Blaze tunes ever coming back that aren't on this list (would LOVE Futureal back in the set).

Anyway, I'm blabbing.. my point is I'd love to see Edge of Darkness done by Bruce. Won't happen. But I can dream

Reactions: jcv
Don't play the whole album live. Do the thing Maiden do where they proudly play at least six new songs from the album with twelve or so more well known tunes supporting it

Back