Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I'm super excited about this. Love the artwork and am optimistic about the tracklisting.

There's a tiny 20 second snippet of audio of FB as well, not sure if it's from a song or not, and it's just drums, but it sounds cool.

7 long weeks to go now. I saw the news and immediately put in for September 3 off of work. Man I can't wait!

I'm not on facebook, is there a link to the audio?

Bruce Dickinson continues, ''We recorded it back in early 2019 during a break in the Legacy tour so we could maximize our touring yet still have a long set up period before release to prepare great album art and something special as a video.
We know that, Bruce. :D

I'm not on facebook, is there a link to the audio?
You're not missing anything. It's more like a short pulse, nothing musical that I can tell.

Edit: Listened again this time on my PC instead of my phone, and it is drums, just nothing at all revealing.

I can tell "The Time Machine" will be my favorite song of the album. Also super excited about the title track. I hope H and Harris created another gem like Paschendale

Samurai Jack: The Soundtrack as presented by Iron Maiden!

Bring it on!

A bit surprised by the title. The media build up made me think it would be related to Belshazzar's Feast and be something biblical. Was the video all there was to all of that? However, not at all different from what they've done before - I guess we're in for a Japanese samurai theme then!

Cover is The Book of Souls 2. It's clear they want to tie into the last one using the same artist, and I don't mind a clear continuation if this is what that is. It certainly is another massive double album. Long songs are always great with this band.

Not suprised they worked it out the same way as with the previous one - same process, same studio etc. Seemed to work fine and why change a winning concept considering how well the last one went down.

The song I'm the most excited about is "The Time Machine" (Gers/Harris) clocking in at 7:09. How is that not the best song on the album?

Very interesting to hear all the Harris-epics. A clear deviation... But after experiencing "The Red and the Black" live I am not complaining. We might be in for more insane moments.

What's the one or two songs that is different from the usual style? All acoustic? I wouldn't mind a "Journeyman 2". Think they could pull one off like that. At the end of it, don't think it's going to be all that different. Maybe a bit more bluesy style in one of the short ones.

I did not expect this, but it's awesome. Might for the first time buy multiple formats, vinyl, and perhaps that boxset, depending on what the blu-ray contains. Guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

That being said, I had hoped on shorter songs, but on the other hand, AMOLAD is one of my favorite albums and the average song runtime isn't exactly short either.

Back