Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I have no idea what part you are talking about and I've listened to the song excessively ever since it was released.

(Not that I want to know; I'm just saying that this error isn't as clear as you're making out.)
At the very beginning of the last chorus. This whole part has not been been recorded with the rest of the track.

At the very beginning of the last chorus. This whole part has not been been recorded with the rest of the track.
I understand what you are saying, I am not sure however. It's like added an effect slightly to elevate it in a more powerful way. In either case, I don't have a problem with it.

I know I am being greedy, but it is obvious that this album will make me crave for album no:18. I mean, no need to another classics tour, just tour for senjutsu and go back to the studio. Please... Another 5 years with tours would mean wasting their creativity. I know they sell millions of tickets for each tour but still.
Is it possible tho? I guess Bruce will go back to studio for his solo album. A little tour maybe for that album.

New review! Iron Maiden outdoes themselves with a new classic!

The title track - here you get 8+ minutes of fury, thunder, and technical guitars. Bruce's voice goes from gravely and low to soaring in the blink of an eye. Highlight of the song is Nicko's drumming. Overall, this is a new, interesting way to open the album and it works incredibly well...disrupting the formula is what Maiden is all about, and ''Senjutsu'' does just that.

''Lost In A Lost World'' - strong The X Factor vibe, the guitar tones for the main riff twists and turns but leaves you feeling fulfilled, the song changes tempo a bunch and has a memorable chorus.

''Days Of Future Past'' - Brave New World vibe in this song according to the reviewer (and this is his least favorite song).

''The Time Machine'' - Bruce has more soaring vocals that tower over the song, memorable chorus (again). It's a quick 7 minute ride that is among the highlights of this first ''half'' of the record (it closes out the first side of the record, and like Bruce said in that interview above, that’s what they were going for with this double album. They wanted both sides to feel like separate stories that gave you different experiences. Like a time machine, this one takes you through the current era of Maiden before going deeper into their musical prowess for the second half).

''Darkest Hour'' - different song for the band. It's a slower, more methodical track (it builds and builds up to a slow, melodic finish that's satisfying and poignant for the subject matter) with a great chorus. This feels very much like a similar vein to ''Coming Home''.

"Death Of The Celts'' - this one brings together heavy metal, folk sounding music, and more. Musically, this is one of the best tracks on the album with a great solos. Absolutely epic track. Again a comparison with ''The Clansman''.

''The Parchment'' - song with a great tale and heavy guitars.

''Hell On Earth'' - this song conjures up emotions that you don't normally feel listening to a Maiden track. Just when you think the song can only get so good around the middle section of it, it gets even better. Steve has written some of the greatest songs in the history of heavy metal, and this song fits right in with all of the greats. It's a testament to the ability and recognition of Maiden that they could record something that tops nearly everything else that they've done in their career with this track. This is far and away the favorite song of the reviewer.

Senjutsu is a triumph of the genre, it’s a triumph of Iron Maiden! For a band to put out something this great, this late into their career is an achievement.

We know that albums are in some places already. So now leak is just a matter of employees integrity.
Can one make some cash from uploading the leak? Like .. you don't pay for torrents anyway. What can be their motivation to put oneself at risk of being found out and punished?

I know I am being greedy, but it is obvious that this album will make me crave for album no:18. I mean, no need to another classics tour, just tour for senjutsu and go back to the studio. Please... Another 5 years with tours would mean wasting their creativity. I know they sell millions of tickets for each tour but still.
Agree. I like the classics tours, but I always want a new album from Maiden - they are full of ideas. If Senjutsu is a modern classic, I will want another album even more.

Let them go out on top. Nicko is pushing 70 and the rest of the band are in their mid 60s. I can see this being their last album and the rest is touring. I'm sure they have a whole bunch of unreleased tracks in a vault they could release to the public afterwards too. On top of that you'll have documentaries, maybe another live album, etc.

Let them go out on top. Nicko is pushing 70 and the rest of the band are in their mid 60s. I can see this being their last album and the rest is touring. I'm sure they have a whole bunch of unreleased tracks in a vault they could release to the public afterwards too. On top of that you'll have documentaries, maybe another live album, etc.
I agree, however I don't think they have songs in the vaults. They literally write the songs in the studio, and all those songs are on the album. They are not famous for having tons of extra or leftover materials. If any member has an idea, it's Steve who assembles those ideas into songs.

I remember when everyone thought TFF would be their last album. Here we are ten years and two more albums later. I don't think they'll be retiring anytime soon. Steve won't stop until he literally drops dead on stage.

I agree, however I don't think they have songs in the vaults. They literally write the songs in the studio, and all those songs are on the album. They are not famous for having tons of extra or leftover materials. If any member has an idea, it's Steve who assembles those ideas into songs.
Definitely this.

Might there be an alternate vocal take laying around on a reel somewhere?

Maybe.

But they absolutely don't have shelves of songs, demos, bits and bobs... They're just not that kind of band.

Back