Sea of Madness

How good is Sea of Madness on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I cannot connect with: "it is in the middle of the catalogue thus a 5."

Thanks for the vid, will check!

I rank the songs from 1 -10. This is not a rating comparing all songs there is out there, but only Maiden catalogue.
For the position 1, I only left 2 places (in order to have a bit higher score for the albums averages) but from position 2 -10 the distribution is pretty much equal.
There are pre-determined places for each rating, spanning from 16 -18. Thus if one song is somewhere the middle of my liking (comparing to the whole catalogue) this means an either 5 or maximum 6 rating.

Actually anything equals 4 and above is a pretty good song in terms of Music Industry. Hell, even for the rating 1 there are many good elements -of what would be a 4 in terms of Music Industry.

I explain the system and the reasons why I've chosen to rate like this here. I found it to be extremely difficult in the start and very satisfying and liberating in the end.

The best track of Somewhere in Time by a long shot, what riff, all the musical experiments that lead to an unexpected The Police segment in the 3:00 minute that fits the songs hard rock aor aura.

This is a banger and still managed to be unique song.

Easy 10/10.

An excellent song, with just one flaw: the vocals on the verse. It feels off in an otherwise lush and wonderful song. And by wonderful I mean it. Beautiful melodies, great chorus, and my favorite part, that incredible quieter bridge, which is stunning. Overall definitely still a killer. 9/10

The main riff and verse isn't quite up there with the rest of the song, but still a really strong track. 8/10

Oh boy. Sea Of Madness. I hate so much about this song and it's easily one of my least favorites in the catalogue.
Don't like the main riff. Really don't like the verses with some of the weirdest (in a bad way) vocal lines we've heard so far.
The pre-chorus and chorus are okay, but that's not enough to save the song. Don't even get me started on the ending of the song with the never ending repeating ending line.

The only silver lining is the instrumental section and the solo. Great atmosphere, amazing melodies, and another fantastic performance by Adrian. Unfortunately not enough to give this song more than a 3.

Back