• Total voters
  1. Stallions of the Highway
  2. See the Light Shining
  3. Suzie Hold On
  4. 20,000 Feet
  5. Hungry Years
  6. Sixth Form Girls

The rules:
- 2 songs per album get promoted to the playoffs.

- 10 songs that survive until the end of the album rounds also get promoted to the playoffs.
- Until we get to the final 10 songs you can vote for as many songs as you want.
- Once we reach the top 10, votes get limited to 3 votes. Top 5 means 2 votes only and Top 3 means just the 1 vote. If you vote for more songs at these stages, I just won't count your votes.
- I'll eliminate as many songs as I deem necessary to keep the game fair and moving quickly.
- Rounds will be two days long

Eliminated in the last round: Stallions of the Highway, See the Light Shining, Sixth Form Girls, Hungry Years
Into the playoffs: Frozen Rainbow, Militia Guard

1. Suzie Hold On
  2. Taking Your Chances
  3. 20,000 Feet
  4. Out of Control
  5. Rough and Ready
  6. Play It Loud
  7. Midnight Rider
  8. Fire in the Sky
  9. Denim and Leather

Foro smacks Denim and Leather hard! :D
Seriously, the most remarkable thing about this Survivor so far is that there have been (for me anyway) no painful cuts.
We've lost some OK tracks, but there are only six we've seen that I would be pissed to lose and so far, so good.

Suzie Hold On
Taking Your Chances
Out Of Control
Rough & Ready
Play It Loud
And The Bands Played On (by mistake)
Midnight Rider

Wheels Of Steel
Heavy Metal Thunder
Strong Arm Of The Law
20,000 Feet
Out Of Control
Rough And Ready
Play It Loud
Midnight Rider

Rules:
- 10 songs that survive until the end of the album rounds also get promoted to the playoffs.
- Until we get to the final 10 songs you can vote for as many songs as you want.
- Once we reach the top 10, votes get limited to 3 votes. Top 5 means 2 votes only and Top 3 means just the 1 vote. If you vote for more songs at these stages, I just won't count your votes.
- I'll eliminate as many songs as I deem necessary to keep the game fair and moving quickly.

Eliminated last round: Taking Your Chances, 20,000 Feet, Out of Control, Rough and Ready, Play It Loud, Midnight Rider

Time for a mass promotion:

Wheels Of Steel
Heavy Metal Thunder
Strong Arm Of The Law
Never Surrender
Fire In The Sky
Denim And Leather

1. Suzie Hold On
  2. Heavy Metal Thunder
  3. To Hell and Back Again
  4. Never Surrender
  5. Fire in the Sky
  6. Denim and Leather

To Hell and Back Again
Strong Arm of the Law
Fire in the Sky
Denim and Leather

Rules:

Eliminated last round: Fire in the Sky, To Hell and Back Again

Power and the Glory joins the fight.
Old-time fans will disagree, but I think this is the band's best album of the '80s.
It's not as balls-out as Wheels and Strong Arm, but it still rocks hard (Glockler is great drummer).
And there is a lot more variation from song to song.
The fillers are better than most Saxon fillers and it has a couple all time classics.

1. Suzie Hold On
  2. Heavy Metal Thunder
  3. Never Surrender
  4. Denim and Leather
  5. Red Line
  6. This Town Rocks
  7. Watching the Sky
I agree with you that P&G's least good songs are stronger than the least good ones from some other earlier albums. A while back I was mainly into The Eagle has Landed, Midas Touch and Power and the Glory, but right now I'll add Warrior and especially Nightmare.

I also want to put a plug in for the North American version of Suzi Hold On which appeared on the vinyl I bought way back in '83.
I didn't realize how rare this was east of the Atlantic. I couldn't find it on YouTube. The only place I could find it digitally was on an iTunes anthology called The Carrere Years.
It's a bit faster than the original with some great drum fills and the new production really sets of what I think is a great melody.
It won't convert any headbangers, but if you think the original is OK you may want to check it out.

I have 3 different versions of that song: original version from Wheels Of Steel, demo version that appears on 2009 reissue of that album, and "'Suzie Hold On '82 (Jeff Glixman version)" that appears on 2009 reissue of Power & The Glory. I can upload latter two to YouTube if you want to compare ;)

I have 3 different versions of that song: original version from Wheels Of Steel, demo version that appears on 2009 reissue of that album, and "'Suzie Hold On '82 (Jeff Glixman version)" that appears on 2009 reissue of Power & The Glory. I can upload latter two to YouTube if you want to compare ;)

The (Jeff Glixman version) I found did not sound like the one on vinyl, more like another demo, but it wasn't from a P&G reissue.

Back