Sabaton

I thought so, though according to the most recent Sabaton History, the Bismarck was always referred to as a male.
I’ve been researching this. Apparently the captain asked the crew to call Bismarck a “he” because of its “awesome power”. Ego-stroking, basically.

It's 2019. Ships should now be referred to as 'they' both collectively and individually until they have each decided on a gender.

The video for 'Fields of Verdun' premieres on YouTube at 12:00 tomorrow. I'm not sure that time is my local time or Swedish time (CET).

Sabaton announced a NA tour. Tempted to go see them haven't listened to their stuff much but I have until October to get into them if I decide to go.
They're great fun live. I've seen them twice and will be seeing them in October in Montreal.

I've seen Sabaton six times now and will see them for a seventh time in August. I'm not even a big fan. They just crop up everywhere.

Not a bad song at all. The riff is literally the same as the one towards the middle of ‘Unbreakable’.

If “Bismarck” was taken from the classic Sabaton mold, then this is definitely of the modern Sabaton style. Not a bad song at all, I love the energy of the track, but I’m worried now that the entire album will be like this... oh lord.

but I’m worried now that the entire album will be like this... oh lord.
I think you’re right.. here are the track times (not sure if these were for sure discussed yet.)

1. "The Future of Warfare" 3:26
2. "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" 3:02
3. "82nd All the Way" 3:31
4. "The Attack of the Dead Men" 3:56
5. "Devil Dogs" 3:17
6. "The Red Baron" 3:22
7. "Great War" 4:28
8. "A Ghost in the Trenches" 3:26
9. "Fields of Verdun" 3:17
10. "The End of the War to End All Wars" 4:45
11. "In Flanders Fields" 1:57

Joakim sounds quite strained in the higher pitches. But I'm happy they found so many rhymes for a mispronunciation of "Verdun".

Back