SABATON SURVIVOR 2017: Results -> All together... GOTT MIT UNS!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Caroleans Prayer
Killing Ground
Long Live the King
Smoking Snakes
Bull
Man of War

Seriously? 4 votes for Inmate? :confused:

Seriously? 4 votes for Inmate? :confused:

To me it just sort of plods along without a sense of purpose. It came down to Inmate vs. Smoking Snakes for me, and the latter got a vote.

I think Night Witches and Soldier of 3 Armies own Heroes, with No Bullets Fly and Resist & Bite coming next. To Hell and Back and Far From the Fame are overrated for sure, but the former not so much that it deserves a vote just yet.

...why is Killing Ground/Ett Slag Färgat Rött still in the poll? Wasn't that song eliminated? And also The Carolean's Prayer/Karolinens Bön.

My opinion on "Carolus Rex" has vastly improved compared to last Survivor.

Dominium Maris Baltici - I honestly miss this one every time I listen to this album. Does it even exist?
The Lion From The North - Cool song but they did this chorus a million times. Everything else is great, but the chorus really brings it down a notch.
Gott Mit Uns - Best song from this album and one of their best overall. Kinda cooler live when the guitarists sing the verses.
A Lifetime Of War - This one's actually pretty epic. Awesome chorus.
1648 - I have a strong sense of deja vu when it comes to this song... If I ignore it, it's a pretty good song.
The Carolean's Prayer - I'm mostly indifferent about this one, but the choir part is epic as fuck.
Carolus Rex - I grew to love this song, but I don't think it's their best song. Think it's missing a faster part for that.
Killing Ground - Another solid song, highlight is the chorus soloing.
Poltava - "Listen..." parts are so cheesy, but this is another good song, particularly the chorus.
Long Live The King - Epic song. Pre-chorus with the choir is awesome.
Ruina Imperii - This one is also epic. Wish they did more songs in this vein (slower songs with lots of choirs) than rehashed songs like Lion and 1648.
Harley From Hell - Shit.

Overall: I don't think it's their best album (still far weaker than first 3), but now I think it's better than Coat Of Arms, which kind of sounds rushed/unfinished in comparison.

I also like this album much more than before. I guess the initial disappointment wore off :)

Night Witches - Pretty intense opening song. I would say it's a combo of Ghost Division and Midway stylistically, although a finished song unlike the latter.
No Bullets Fly - Good song, nothing more though. Chorus sounds kinda Priest-ish.
Smoking Snakes - Everything in this song is great apart from the verses which are quite generic, which is a shame.
Inmate 4859 - Awesome ballad, even though the lyrics are super cheesy... but at least they didn't namedrop the guy in question :D
To Hell & Back - Best song on the album! Spiritual sequel of Gott Mit Uns with equally silly lyrics :D
The Ballad Of Bull - I actually like this one and don't get the hate it gest. It's a bit Eurovision-ish sure, but I think it's way more inspired than songs #2 and #3. It's ridiculously catchy too.
Resist & Bite - This one is also pretty awesome, altho I gotta start criticizing the album a bit: songs are way too short. Only two songs pass the 4 minute mark.
Soldier Of 3 Armies - Solid song, but I cringe every time they do namedrops.
Far From The Fame - Namedropping in the chorus is so cringey. I don't understand why they have to do it so much. Otherwise an awesome song but the namedrop is so irritating.
Hearts Of Iron - Fucking awesome song. Chorus is epic as fuck. Kind of wish there was a more buildup at the beginning to make this song a true epic which it really can't be at 4:28. Weird that it was never played live.
Man Of War - No.

Voting for Poltava, Bullets, Snakes, Soldier and that last one.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 13:
The Ballad Of Bull - 8 votes
Man Of War - 8 votes
Long Live The King / Konungens Likfärd - 5 votes
Smoking Snakes - 5 votes
Inmate 4859 - 5 votes

Promoted after Round 13:
Gott Mit Uns
Carolus Rex
Poltava

The Last Stand joins the game!

Bonus song info:

The Last Stand (Limited Edition) bonuses:

Not in the game:

Decades Of Destruction:

Not in the game:

Resist
Fame
Last Dying Breath
Diary
Lost Battalion (if we're gonna keep this chorus melody in the game, Hearts of Iron is a superior song)
Hill

When free time burns
The finals solution
Survivors fade away and all updates turn to dust

Seriously, only 2 weeks or so and then I can fool around here all I want :p

Sparta - This is very generic.
Last Dying Breath - This one's better. I'll give it a pass due to the topic of the song, even though it's also super generic.
Blood Of Bannockburn - I don't particularly like the style of this song, but at least it's something new.
Diary Of An Unknown Soldier - Why?
The Lost Battalion - OK this one is awesome. I like the concept of replacing drums with weapon samples. Decent chorus too.
Rorke's Drift - Rehashed. Heard this all before.
The Last Stand - Enjoyable, but also heard this all before.
Hill 3234 - Same as the previous song tbh.
Shiroyama - Same as the previous 2 songs tbh.
Winged Hussars - This chorus annoys me and the song is also a giant rehash.
The Last Battle - I kind of lost focus here.

Overall: The weakest album so far.
Much rehash
Such boring
Wow

Voting for Bullets, Soldier, Sparta, Breath, Diary, Drift, Stand, Hussars and Battle.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 14:
Diary Of An Unknown Soldier - 9 votes
Hill 3234 - 8 votes
Last Dying Breath - 5 votes
Blood Of Bannockburn - 5 votes

No Bullets
Resist & Bite
Far From The Fame (how am I the only one voting for this song?)
Sparta
The Lost Battalion
Rorke's Drift
Shiroyama

Back