Running Free

How good is Running Free on a scale of 1-10

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Running Free

I fixed the older polls. ZThey shoudla ll be open.

Re: Daily Song: Running Free

LooseCannon said:
I fixed the older polls. ZThey shoudla ll be open.

Nothing like a good beer to oil the machinery, eh Loosey? ;)

No question, you can't work without booze.

bender_alcool.jpg

Sometimes people write my job but get answered by an automated response system. Anyway the guy had a Futurama issue so I replied that "Please excuse the previous miscommunication. Your email was handled by a robot who may or may not be Bender."

6/10.

I used to appreciate this song much more than now.  It still has great bass and sounds good live.  The lyric "now all the boys are after me, and that's the way it's gonna be" is kind of like "danced and pranced".

5/10. Not very good, imo. It's almost the definition of an average Maiden song. Probably my 2nd least favourite on the album, narrowly beating Strange World. Still, it's not a bad song, at all.

Back in the old times, I remember drummers saying how difficult is to reproduce the intro... Does not classify for a 10, but it is established as a (live) classic. 9/10

9 out of 10, but it only gets that high because it's the first Maiden tune I ever learned to play. I love Clive's kinda glammy backbeat, and as simple as the riff is, it's catchy and powerful. This should be required listening for all high school kids...

9/10 - We used to play this album to death at school. And it was this track that prompted a teacher to ask us: "Who's this?" and on hearing the reply he would then say "Well, it does sound like a train chundering along aimlessly."

This is not just a live anthem, but a Heavy-Metal anthem.

8\10

I rarely listen to the studio version. LAD version of this song absolutely rules. I give it 8/10.

Studio version is too slow and production kills it's normal live energy. 6

I thought about this one. And I decided that I actually really like this song. The live version is a bit tedious but it is a great song. I especially like the last chorus. 8/10

Back