Running Free

How good is Running Free on a scale of 1-10

• Total voters
Another classic that has a tendency to be played for thrice its length in live settings. It's probably fun to sing along at concerts, but other than that it's nothing special. Not a bad song, nothing offensive. A true 5.

I rarely listen to the studio version. LAD version of this song absolutely rules. I give it 8/10.
I never listen to the studio version, only the LAD and sometimes Donington versions. In 2023, this one is 7/10, and that's probably too generous to be honest.

as someone who's (almost) just 16, out of money, and out of love, i love this song. paul's vocals are perfect for this song, and although bruce’s are good too, they’ll never top the studio version. the sync between clive's drumming and steve's bass absolutely kicks ass.

but i feel like something’s missing from it. i don’t know why. considering the subject matter is about a kid running wild and free, the song should be louder, and thrash-ier. with that being said, the odd lack of energy doesn’t stop running free from getting a very strong 8/10.

Back