Run to the Hills techo/disco remix

Wait...isnt this that "Food For Thought" group that does wierd covers like this of Maiden songs?

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Aug 10 2005, 06:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Aug 10 2005, 06:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Personally, I like it. It's made with humour, and musically quite palatable (I've heard much worse covers by so-called "serious" bands).

Open up your minds a bit, you lot.
[snapback]114886[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I agree with Maverick, i myself have been looking for alot of various kinds of covers,

after listening to Run to the hills the 100,000th time, and then live versions of it, this could be interesting...

I really liked that cover. It's different, but shows alot of musical understanding and talent. You should try to get rid of your "Death to false Metal" attitude a bit [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I found it quite enjoyable but they shouldnt make a habit of it [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Great cover! At least it's got humour and originality compared to the generic reconstructions of songs some bands make. What's the fun in a cover sounding exactly as the original?

If you "liked" the Run To The Hills remix, then check out this album from Sony:
[a href=\'http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/uk/disc.php?id=3046873&lang=eng&cat=517507\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/uk/disc.php?id=...=eng&cat=517507[/a]

Haven't heard it myself but can it be any better than the piano album ??

This "Run to The Hills remix" is indeed different to the original... and it will make you laugh for sure (providing you're broad-minded enough).
I like the "We are family"... part a lot. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Il_Di@volo+Aug 15 2005, 09:28 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Il_Di@volo @ Aug 15 2005, 09:28 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]If you "liked" the Run To The Hills remix, then check out this album from Sony:
[a href=\'http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/uk/disc.php?id=3046873〈=eng&cat=517507\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.sonymusic.co.uk/uk/disc.php?id=...=eng&cat=517507[/a]

Haven't heard it myself but can it be any better than the piano album ??
[snapback]115448[/snapback]​
[/quote]
That album was indeed awful. Awful. I shudder at the mere thought of it.

The RTTH cover, on the other hand, I found to be a refreshing take on covering songs. I've been listening to it a lot lately. I enjoy a bit of musical diversity every now and then, and it doesn't hurt if it's maiden-related [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maybe this is what I need to get my mum like Maiden more [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] :S I dont know what to think... heheh the insturmental parts is [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--] deserving, but the singing (except for the end when the woman sings) is goood...

But has anyone heard to the techno, not disco, versions of the songs.... in www.ironmaidenchopper.com there are a lot of them LOL and they ARE GOOD hehhe I do like them... heheh they're fun.

I liked it too!!

Out there (under a rock maybe) ,there are some people that have never heard the music from maiden. With this "Run to the hills disco extravaganza" there might be some people who want to hear the real Run to the hills. And if they do ........ A new fan is born!!!

Up the irons!

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Aug 10 2005, 06:25 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Aug 10 2005, 06:25 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Personally, I like it. It's made with humour, and musically quite palatable (I've heard much worse covers by so-called "serious" bands).

Open up your minds a bit, you lot.
[snapback]114886[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I completely agree with you (as usual).

I've been listening to this track quite a bit recently and, dare I say it, I think it might be growing on me. How long before Robinson Ouzo covers the whole of NOTB in a disco frenzy? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

WHAT... THE... FUCK... DID... I... JUST... LISTEN... TO...????????

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yawn... This was probably made using some super-home-keyboard with built in vocal harmonizer (hence the vocal harmonies in the chorus) and a sampler of some kind... I recognize the accompaniment as one of my friends' father owns some YAMAHA thingy that churns out the exact same funky guitar riff... No artisticity in here whatsoever guys. He's probably cut the whole track in less than an hour...

However, his way of pronouncing "wastes" is kinda cute. Makes him sound a bit like Julio Iglesias don't you think? [!--emo&:apu:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/apu.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'apu.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

All I know iz... it'z ODD [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back