13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. Wasted Years
15. Running Free

Last edited:
Let's see - the likely songs from the 9 albums:

IM:
Iron Maiden (ofc),
Phantom (in the promo video)
Running Free (also in the promo video, the alley)

other potential songs: Prowler (popular), Sanctuary, Remember Tomorrow (played in 2005).

Killers:
Wrathchild
Killers (given the new old Eddie on the poster)

other potential songs: Murders (Nicko played it with his solo band recently) and Prodigal Son (rehearsed in 2005).

TNOTB:
Number Of The Beast
Hallowed
Run To The Hills (the name of the tour)

other potential songs: 22 Acacia Avenue, but I doubt it because of the drumming. And a song like Children was played recently.

POM:
Trooper

other potential songs: Die With Your Boots On (because it wasn't featured in the previous 2 History tours) and Sun And Steel (was rumored that it would have been played during a proper SJ tour, if there were).

PS:
Rime (Bruce's favorite song to play live)
2 Minutes

other potential songs: Powerslave.

SIT:
Alexander is the only potential song.

SSOASS:
Clairvoyant (if nothing, it was in the 2018 tour poster hints)
Seventh Son (Bruce said recently he wants to play it live again)
Evil That Men Do

other potential songs: Moonchild (popular opener), Infinite Dreams (rehearsed in 2012) and Only The Good Die Young (Steve said he wants to play it live).

NPFTD:
Bring Your Daughter (played in 2003)
Tailgunner (played on 2 different tours and maybe there is a hint for it in the poster)

other potential songs: No Prayer For The Dying (I think it's time and will sound great), Hooks In You (the sky and the moon on the tour poster?).

FOTD:
Fear Of The Dark
Afraid To Shoot Strangers (played in 2012/2013)

other potential songs: Be Quick Or Be Dead (one of the most popular songs from its era, great opener), Wasting Love (played also in 1993).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potential deep cuts, overall:

Prowler
Remember Tomorrow
Murders
Killers
Prodigal Son
22 Acacia Avenue
Die With Your Boots On
Still Life (popular deep cut, not played on the ME tour)
Sun And Steel
To Tame A Land (Nicko played it with his solo band in 2022)
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Only The Good Die Young
Tailgunner
No Prayer For The Dying
Hooks In You
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Be Quick Or Be Dead
From Here To Eternity (played also in 1993)
Wasting Love
The Fugitive (Steve wanted to play it in 1992)
Judas Be My Guide (popular deep cut)

-> 4-5 (or even 6) deep cuts would be the best. It's possible.

1.Be Quick Or Be Dead
2.prowler
3.The Trooper
4.No Prayer For The Dying
5.To Tame A Land
6.Killers
7.Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
8. Infinite Dreams
9.Phantom Of The Opera
10.Only The Good Die Young
11.Iron Maiden
12.Fear Of The Dark
Encore:
13.The Number Of The Beast
14.Hallowed Be Thy Name
15.Run To The Hills
Brilliant! :ok: So many deep cuts. It has all the big hits, and if they don't play some of the other usual expected old songs - why not. 3 epics, 6 longer songs in total. The only song I could add is Clairvoyant.

With japanese pagoda on the right middle side of the poster, there's a chance for the band to play "Sun And Steel". ;)

The fullmoon is representing "Moonchild", for sure. The flames in the background are for "The Number Of The Beast", the electronic finger is for a song from 'Somewhere In Time' (I bet they'll play "Deja Vu" and "The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner"). The bloody axe is for "Killers" and also for "Running Free". The hill in flames in the left middle side of the poster could be "Flight Of Icarus" or "Run To The Hills".

The broken building on the right side of the poster refers to "2 Minutes To Midnight" (the artwork of this single represents Eddie sitting down a broken house). And the double cyborg and bright eyes are from "Can I Play With Madness", "The Clairvoyant", "The Evil That Men Do" and "Infinite Dreams" singles artworks.

It would be less boring if they were to play unplayed or rare songs like To Tame a Land, Sun and Steel, No Prayer For The Dying, etc. Not impossible after the success of ATG last year.

Here's an early stab at a possible setlist. I think that given the past 2-3 tours the bar has really been raised so high that Maiden could either get super creative or go super safe for this upcoming tour. I think that there will be a lot of safe choices but some deeper cuts or classics that haven't been played in a while could make a reappearance. That said, I don't think any previously unplayed songs will take the stage this time around, and frankly, given that they just did a whole tour for it, I think that Somewhere in Time could be left out entirely.

One thought I had was that Maiden may return to the 'worlds' approach from LOTB, this time anchored not by themes but by albums. Each album gets its own little 'world', complete with backdrops inspired by the original album tours. So here's what I think that could look like:

PA: "Doctor Doctor" by UFO

- Killers -
INTRO: The Ides of March
1. Murders in the Rue Morgue
2. Killers

- Piece of Mind -
3. The Trooper
4. Still Life

- Powerslave -
5. 2 Minutes to Midnight
6. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
7. Powerslave

- '90s -
8. Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
9. Fear of the Dark

- Iron Maiden -
10. Running Free
11. Phantom of the Opera
12. Iron Maiden

ENCORE
- Seventh Son of a Seventh Son -
13. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

- The Number of the Beast -
14. The Number of the Beast
15. Run to the Hills

ENCORE II
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I don't know if they'll do another second encore like they did on LOTB II, which was clearly tacked on for spectacle purposes. I guessed that "Alexander the Great" would get a second encore and that didn't happen so who knows, I'll probably be wrong here. But the door's certainly been opened so I'll go ahead and get ready to shoot myself in the foot again.

The song that I think is least likely to actually be in the set is "Still Life". POM got its time in the sun during LOTB, and I don't know how many fans are clamoring for this track beyond myself, so I'm ready for disappointment. "Wrathchild" or "The Evil That Men Do" are certainly more likely. I can dream, though.

If they don't set it up into worlds, maybe we'll see something like this instead:

INTRO: The Ides of March
1. Murders in the Rue Morgue

2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Phantom of the Opera
5. The Evil That Men Do
6. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
7. Powerslave

8. Killers
9. Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter
10. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
11. The Number of the Beast
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

ENCORE
14. Run to the Hills
15. Running Free
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I think they are not going to play 16 song setlist. My thoughts - I think (or hope) that show's epics are going to be 7th son, Rime and Phantom. The Flight of Icarus (not played on supposed tour, but later still found a way to the set) of the tour is gonna be Infinite Dreams. Moonchild gonna take Aces High space as an iconic opener, although I really like the idea of Phantom as an opener. I don't have space for Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter nor any other NPFTD song, although I think they will play it.

1. Moonchild
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
4. Phantom of the Opera
5. Infinite Dreams
6. The Trooper
7. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
8. Wrathchild
9. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Run to the Hills
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Iron Maiden
13. Number of the Beast
14. Hallowed be thy Name
15. Running Free

I predict a 'play classics' scenario, which is exactly what the average ticket buyer is going to be expecting from this tour.

Given that they played Alexander after all these years on the current tour, though, I do expect something at least one slightly deeper cut to appear though.

If it's Infinite Dreams, my life is complete.

Back