rock in rio censored piece

Where did you find a hi-res digital download? Onkyo took down their site selling the hi res remasters and so far the live albums were only remastered on vinyl?

Where did you find a hi-res digital download? Onkyo took down their site selling the hi res remasters and so far the live albums were only remastered on vinyl?

Someone posted it on here ages ago

This is an old topic and I apologize if this is frowned upon, but is this all that's there of the Britney Spears rant? Re-reading this thread made me think it's much worse, when all he really says is "if you think she's cool, check us out!" Which doesn't strike me as inflammatory at all. Lots of curse words. But the band were also probably super high energy and nervous to be playing in front of a crowd that big. They even say they're "shitting themselves" (Steve anyway) before going on stage. Anywho, was there more of the Britney rant that was cut, or is this it?

Wasn't the Britney Spears rant due to the fact that she was headlining RiR that year which many rock artists took offence to?

Wasn't the Britney Spears rant due to the fact that she was headlining RiR that year which many rock artists took offence to?

Yea, pretty sure she was the headliner of the last night of the festival, if memory serves. But either way, Bruce's dialogue about her never struck me as inflammatory. I think his later remarks about reality TV and such on the OzzFest Tour were much more mean-spirited.

But either way, Bruce's dialogue about her never struck me as inflammatory.
“If you thought Britney Fucking Spears was fucking cool, then take a look at us you motherfuckers, you lame fucks!”

It is an inflammatory statement, ultimately. Bruce is leading a triumphant return by the band and got a bit full of himself, using Britney as his springboard to fire off shots at the music industry who had her headlining a rock festival. Seems like he was really fiery back in those days anyway, leading up to the egging they all took from Sharon Osbourne during the Ozzfest incident. Bruce will be Bruce I guess. I’m glad it’s on the album now though because every time I hear it I laugh. What the fuck was he drinking?

EDIT: deleted post, didn't see there was another page of old posts making the same points.

Back