RIP Scott Weiland

Well I'm sure everyone has heard the tragic news by now about former STP and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland.. but, if you didn't, he was found dead on his tour bus at age 48 on Thursday night:( Sounds like it was a cocaine overdose that killed him... Well, Scott had his problems with drugs all through his career, but it's just such a shame when this happens to anyone...

I am really distraught over this, I've always loved STP and Scott has always been one of my favorite singers... STP got me through so many rough stressful times in high school, and also bring back a lot of fun memories as well... as for Velvet Revolver, eh, I only really liked 2 songs, "Fall to Pieces" and "Slither".. as much as I enjoy Slash and Scott's work with GNR and STP, I just thought VR were kinda so-so... But, I digress...

Here is my favorite STP song, "Big Empty", in memory of him:

RIP Scott Weiland, thanks for your great music and may you make great rock & roll in Heaven with all the other fallen rock stars:cheers::shred:

"Big Empty" is a great song. First album they got a reputation as Pearl Jam clones, but songs like that one from the next album were a more unique voice.

I'm a pretty big fan of grunge and 90s alternative rock in general, so I was quite saddened when I heard about Scott's passing, although I can't say that I'm completely surprised by it. STP is my 3rd favorite band from this era, just behind Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam. I'd put Core among my Top 10 albums released that entire decade. I was lucky enough to see STP live 5 years ago, and it was an incredible show. Scott Weiland had his demons, but he had one hell of a voice. RIP.

Creep is a great song too... and yes, I was lucky to see STP with Weiland once, in 2010.. I saw STP this past May with Chester Bennington(Linkin Park singer), and while he does a decent job, despite that I hate Linkin Park, it still isn't the same...

and, regarding the PJ Clones thing- well, PJ have some snobby fans who think that anyone who sounds like them is a clone of them... not that I dislike PJ or anything, I love them, but I just can't stand some of their fans who insult anyone that sounds like them.. But then again, I guess every band has some fans like that, including Maiden...

and, regarding the PJ Clones thing- well, PJ have some snobby fans who think that anyone who sounds like them is a clone of them... not that I dislike PJ or anything, I love them, but I just can't stand some of their fans who insult anyone that sounds like them.

When STP came out with their first single "Plush", Weiland was widely accused of specifically mimicking Eddie Vedder's voice and mannerisms. I'm not a random PJ fan making knee-jerk statements; that really was the STP reputation during the Core era.

Scott was a great, great frontman, one of my favorites when it came to onstage personality. I will always love his work with STP and velvet revolver

A real shame, I really liked his singing in STP and with Slash. Actually, I thought the solo album he recently released was pretty damn good as well.

When STP came out with their first single "Plush", Weiland was widely accused of specifically mimicking Eddie Vedder's voice and mannerisms. I'm not a random PJ fan making knee-jerk statements; that really was the STP reputation during the Core era.

yea, I didn't say you were or anything, I was just stating that that's how some of PJ's fans are... but, I digress...

I want to post another STP song in memory, this one is a bit different from their usual sound, but I still love it, a great catchy song that brings back great memories of the summer of 2000 for me, when this song was a big hit:

Saw STP live back in 1996 on the Tiny Music tour and was very surprised by how great Scott sounded and looked. After hearing all the news at the time about his heroin use I guess I wasn't expecting much.

I stood next to the sound board and saw the sound tech insert a blank CD into the equipment prior to the show and saw him eject it after the show. Too bad that tour has never been released. They sounded great!

The music he recorded with Velvet Revolver was spectacular!

I also read Scott's autobiography and I can unfortunatly releate to formerly being in a relationship with someone bipolar like Scott's ex-wife Mary.

RIP Scott

Back