Remember Tomorrow

How good is Remember Tomorrow on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I love Bruce's "live" version from TNOTB single
(Actually overdubbed Maiden Japan version, right?)

Great instrumental part, and more mature and enjoyable lyrics on this one. The vocal performance by Paul is great, and hard to top, but Bruce's Ullevi performance is out of this world, the man is unbeatable on the screams. I wouldn't rate this song as a masterpiece though, I'll go for a 8/10

Classic Maiden. Beautiful tune with thoughtful lyrics, and Di'Anno delivers one of his best performances here. Great, solid song. 8.

Great moody intro, and Paul sounds really good on the initial verse until the odd last line ("from out of the...fiiiiiire"). The musical bridge is an iconic Maiden bit.

The second verse is much the same, sounding good until Paul's delivery of "skyyyyyy", which is weak and kind of weird. The break is good stuff, alternating between solid solos and another iconic Maiden riff.

The third verse is pretty good, but Paul leaves us hanging ("from out of the..."), and then his "ahs" and "ohs" under the rest of the song aren't great. Another big rock ending.

This is a great song, but this studio performance of it is brought down a little by Paul's quirks. 7/10.

I am still shocked that I seem to be the only real detractor here. 2 votes for 6/10 are the lowest when not including mine. What? How? I have no clue what people see in this song.

I don't mind Maiden doing the quiet thing but if so, try to stick with it. Getting heavier is okay, but it loses itself completely in the instrumental section. It becomes a completely different song, and any kind of thing it was trying to build crumbles instantly. The instrumental itself is very dull, just like the rest of the song.

Boring, too long, bad performance from Paul, possibly the single most overrated song in the entire Maiden discography. 2/10, which is the lowest score I can ever give a Maiden song that isn't More Tea Vicar.

I am still shocked that I seem to be the only real detractor here. 2 votes for 6/10 are the lowest when not including mine. What? How? I have no clue what people see in this song.

I don't mind Maiden doing the quiet thing but if so, try to stick with it. Getting heavier is okay, but it loses itself completely in the instrumental section. It becomes a completely different song, and any kind of thing it was trying to build crumbles instantly. The instrumental itself is very dull, just like the rest of the song.

Boring, too long, bad performance from Paul, possibly the single most overrated song in the entire Maiden discography. 2/10, which is the lowest score I can ever give a Maiden song that isn't More Tea Vicar.

Diesel, if there's one thing I always will agree with you on, it's this. I won't go as low as 2/10, possibly 3/10 or 4/10, but Remember Tomorrow is my third-least favourite Maiden song (only Drifter and Chains of Misery rank below it), and I don't see any reason at all why this would change.

I’m trying to look at it like so:

10/10 - Awesome.
9/10 - Great.
8/10 - Good.
7/10 - Fine.
6/10 - OK.
5/10 - Average.
4/10 - Meh.
3/10 - Worse.
2/10 - Bad.
1/10 - More Tea, Vicar?

I’m trying to look at it like so:

10/10 - Awesome.
9/10 - Great.
8/10 - Good.
7/10 - Fine.
6/10 - OK.
5/10 - Average.
4/10 - Meh.
3/10 - Worse.
2/10 - Bad.
1/10 - More Tea, Vicar?
About this, I find it easier to rank the songs in a 5/5 scale. So, to me, an 8/10 means a 4/5, a 9/10 means a 4.5/5, etc., and then I just rank them based on what I feel they deserve. I tend not to overthink these things too much.

Last edited:
One of my faves from the debut album along with POTO and Strange World, the calm part is really nice, the instrumental is great. Well the solos could have been better but still very good. Based on this album only, I'd give it a 8 but overall, I think a 7 is fair.

I would really love they play it again but based on Bruce's speech in the Early Days tour, the chances are really low

Back