Religion yet again

Holy major thread bump Batman!

Something I want to bring up for anyone on here who is a Satanist who believes in the teachings of Anton LaVey. It is said that this is an atheist type of religion where people don't believe in or worship any gods but instead believe in themselves as a higher power. However, some years back, I watched something on Youtube where someone was at the house of a follower of LaVey's teachings and they showed a full ritual and the person who was performing the ritual said "Hail Loki". Well, I looked Loki up and it says that he is the god of fire. So if people of this type don't believe in any gods, why is one being hailed in a ritual? Or is Loki seen as something different?
Can you link the video?

I can't seem to find it. I'm hoping there's a member on here who believes in his teachings who can answer my question.
As someone who dabbled in the LaVeyan Satanism ideology and still is interested in it, Loki is not a part of the religion.

As one not-so-famous american politician once said: everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but no one is entitled to their own facts.

Now that somebody bumped this thread, I couldn't help noticing this sentence from the opening post.

Today there are plenty of politicians who seem to believe that they are, in fact, entitled to their own facts.

Just thought I'd bump this for anyone who wants to discuss religion.

I was watching a video from a pastor saying that all Mormons are going to hell and the same for everyone who goes to those huge churches with the big fancy stage productions. They all preach good messages and use the Bible and so on. I think God is just happy that people are finding their way to Him one way or another.

Back