Recent Maiden setlist formula

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Hello my first post here. I was recently looking at Maiden's sets from a few last years and I think I came up with the formula that they use to create them. So here it is:
  1. Correct opener from that era
  2. Song #2 from that era
  3. Another song from correct era, Wrathchild or 2MTM
  4. 2MTM or Wrathchild
  5. A song that isn't in correct era
  6. Instant Classsic, most likely The Trooper
  7. Instant Classic
  8. Instant Classic or Song from correct era
  9. Song from correct era
  10. Song from correct era or Instant classic
  11. Longest song from correct era
  12. 'Arry's pet song #1
  13. 'Arry's pet song #2
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. Instant Classic
  16. TETMD or another
  17. This slot is reserved for Sanctuary, Running Free or less likely Hallowed

The 3 tours of 2012 - 2014 have all been Maiden England. If you want to do this correctly, you should take into account all the tours they've done.

The Final frontier 2011 was also something similar as well as 2007 A Matter Of The Beast and SBIT.

The best performers a know how to structure a set list that gets an audience excited during the show, while giving them a few moments of different atmosphere here and there. It's a lot like how album tracks are sequenced.

Iron Maiden has it down to a science.

Nice first post matic. I've always wondered how exactly they built the setlist. I've read several times that it was Harris' task, but I doubt he doesn't take into account the others' wishes. As MaidenCanada just wrote, this is a science, especially when one has such a huge catalogue to pick into. Most of the time, I agree with their choices, but, seing them a few days ago, I thought that
playing Seventh Son and Fear of the Dark consecutively was not the best solution, althought these are among my favorite songs ever (the first one being my all time favorite).

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I really have to point out spoiler rules here?

Back