Recent additions to your music collection

Last studio album I bought I believe was Sixx:A.M - This is Gonna Hurt.

My CD buying tends to go on 'oo theres a sale on' and buy 10 or so in one go then get nothing for months (cheaper than buying them spread out at full price :p).

I'll be getting TH1RT3EN I imagine, I prefered System has Failed to Endgame/United Abominations but I like the band enough to buy the albums anyway, on the principle of supporting them.

I was considering checking out Hostile's album based on K.K Downing's pretty frequent coverage of them and praising them as bringing back the flag for metal to the place of it's birth... but I've listened to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9_-kbhL5Q and it's kinda put me off. Vocally I can't stand that type of thing... usually I can get into heavier music to an extent (loved Demolition/Jugulator from Priest and that's heavier than their normal stuff) .. but this type of music just really doesn't do anything for me.

I may pickup Saxon - Call to Arms, if I see it for a decent price... the songs I've heard are decent enough but there's nothing I'd class as amazing, so I don't place as much value on it. I like to own albums if I can, no matter whether its epic or average, as long as its listenable.. but I have to prioritise! Tend to also get stuck into listening to the same bands/albums over and over and it's often hard to fit something new in without just slipping back.

Hammer of the gods was a bit meh when I listened to it on Youtube, but Back in 79 (or whatever its called) was pretty nice! I forsee TH1RT3EN as being my next purchase though based on current releases.

Probably a good call.  Saxon has always been one of those bands where the have flashes of occasional greatness and some duds, but overall are "good", which is not bad, but not great either.  The new album fits in that category.  I will say, I saw them play a mid sized club in Houston in the mid 1980s and they put on a hell of a show, but I have not seen them since. 

Bought a couple of CD's today:

Ayreon - Into the Electric Castle
Ayreon - Universal Migrator Part 1 and 2(The second part has even a song with Bruce on vocals :D)
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Yes - Relayer

Havn't had time to listen to any yet because i just got home from where i bought them.
Well, i think i might listen to one now. :)

Vinyl

Weezer: Raditude
Blues Brothers: Made in America
Social Distortion: Social Distortion
Suicidal Tendencies: Suicidal Tendencies
Star Wars: Soundtrack

MFC said:

Ayreon - Universal Migrator Part 1 and 2(The second part has even a song with Bruce on vocals :D)
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Yes - Relayer

Havn't had time to listen to any yet because i just got home from where i bought them.

Relayer is amazing, now did you get the special edition that comes with more tracks? Well the extra tracks are just radio edits for each song if I remember correctly.

MFC said:

Slayer - Show No Mercy
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Yes - Relayer

GREAT choices, specially Ayreon. LOVE Into the Electric Castle.

Freddie Hubbard - Sky Dive (on vinyl)

:) Really happy with this. Now I own the following Hubbard releases (all on CD apart from this one):

Title/Year/Label

Open Sesame  1960  Blue Note
Goin' Up  1960  Blue Note
Hub Cap  1961  Blue Note
Ready for Freddie  1961  Blue Note
The Artistry of Freddie Hubbard  1962  Impulse!
Here to Stay  1962  Blue Note
The Body & the Soul  1963  Impulse!
Breaking Point  1964  Blue Note
Blue Spirits  1965  Blue Note
Red Clay  1970  CTI
Straight Life  1970  CTI
First Light  1971  CTI
Sky Dive  1973  CTI

Forostar said:
I wonder how that guy's voice sounds without the effect and tone corrector.
It's just used as an artistic expression. Sounds like it's reamped through a guitar amplifier or just a touch of distortion mixed with the original track (If I have to guess, an amplifier. Probably digital for the sake of convenience). They are terrific live.

Back