Recent additions to your music collection

A good crop of CD's this weekend.

Queen: A Night at the Opera, Sheer Heart Attack
Rush: Exit... Stage Left
Chickenfoot III

DVD: Pink Floyd-Pulse

ASAP  Silver and Gold has finally arrived. I love it, it has some brilliant guitar sections like in misunderstood and punchy lyrics in the same and after the storm. Adrians talent shown off in a great easy listening environment focused on him, and metal as fu**  :lol:
Standout tracks for me being After the storm, Misunderstood and Blood on the Ocean
Edit: oh and Fallen Heroes

I bought Dream Theater - Original Album Series today. It's a 5 CD package that has Images & Words, Awake, Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis, Part 2 - Scenes From A Memory and Train Of Thought. It has no booklets, but it's very cheap - about 20$/15€.

Judas Priest-98 Live Meltdown
KISS-Creatures of the Night
Rush-Presto

Just ordered:

The new Chickenfoot album
The new Charred Walls of the Damned album

The new Halford live DVD (could've picked a better show though).

Sara Bareilles' Little Voice and Kaleidoscope Heart
Adele's 21
Mastodon's The Hunter
Opeth's Heritage
X-men: First Class Soundtrack

Reviews upcoming next week after my staycation.

Onhell said:
Sara Bareilles' Little Voice and Kaleidoscope Heart
Adele's 21
Mastodon's The Hunter
Opeth's Heritage
X-men: First Class Soundtrack

Reviews upcoming next week after my staycation.

Nice taste Onhell, I used to be quite into Sara Bareilles.

Night Prowler said:
This one is awesome.

Mastodon doesn't get s lot of love on this forum, but the new album is really good.  More straight rock, less proggy than Crack the Skye. 

I recently started getting into Muse, picked up their last 3 studio albums.  It's derivative -- think Radiohead when Radiohead was good meets Queen -- but it's derivative of stuff I like, so I enjoy it. 

Opeth's Heritage continues to blow my mind.
snake plissken said:
Metals by Feist is absolutely stunning.

Isn't Feist the 1-2-3-4 girl from the Apple commercial?  I liked that song, though a little ashamed to admit it.

Cornfed Hick said:
Mastodon doesn't get s lot of love on this forum, but the new album is really good.  More straight rock, less proggy than Crack the Skye.
My favorites - Black Tongue, Curl Of The Burl, Stargasm, The Hunter, Creature Lives, The Sparrow.

Dityn DJ James said:
Nice taste Onhell, I used to be quite into Sara Bareilles.

Thanks! I waited a bit to get it, because a lot of music on MTV rotation is singles based, but both works rather solid, same with Adele.

snake plissken said:
Metals by Feist is absolutely stunning.

I saw it at Starbucks today lol, almost picked it up, I might actually do that now.

Cornfed Hick said:
Mastodon doesn't get s lot of love on this forum, but the new album is really good. 

To do a fair review I'm actually going to listen to all the albums because as much as I like Mastodon I actually haven't played them in quite some time, but I agree with your assessment of more straight forward approach.

Upon initial listened I really liked it, but it is definitely a grower, really picks up from the third track on...

Cornfed Hick said:

I recently started getting into Muse, picked up their last 3 studio albums.  It's derivative -- think Radiohead when Radiohead was good meets Queen -- but it's derivative of stuff I like, so I enjoy it. 

Isn't Feist the 1-2-3-4 girl from the Apple commercial?  I liked that song, though a little ashamed to admit it.

Yep that's her, that's a nice little track but she's got so much more to her. She revels in making the weird enjoyable. 
Onhell said:
I saw it at Starbucks today lol, almost picked it up, I might actually do that now.

Like all the best albums Metals takes a couple of listens before it hits you just how amazing it is. I just have it on repeat constantly now and it's still fresh, vibrant and brilliant. Highly recommended.

Cornfed Hick said:
Agreed. Crack the Skye didn't do really anything to me, and I still can't understand all the praise that album has gotten, but this new one just blew my mind. Definitely one of the best albums of this year.

Back