Recent additions to your music collection

Went to a nice little store in the mountains today. Got Dream Evil!  :edmetal:

Ok let's see... Avantasia: The Flying Opera (Around the World in 20 Days)
Hammerfall's Infected
Symfonia's In Paradisium
Dream Theater's A Dramatic Turn of Events
Symphony X's Iconoclast
Amorphisis' The Beginning of Time
Grave Digger's the Clans Will Rise Again

Reviews coming up shortly...

Avantasia - Great live album, though I'd prefer if they recorded this years Wacken show ('cause Kiske participated in it).
HammerFall - They should split up, 3-4 horrible albums in a row, horrible setlists...
Symfonia - Probably the worst album I heard this year. I haven't heard so many ripoffs on one album in my life.
Dream Theater, Symphony X - Haven't listened to these yet.
Amorphis - Amazing album. All the songs are great, my favorite is Song Of The Sage.
Grave Digger - Haven't heard this one, but considering that they (Chris) fired 2 great guitarists for one that is "not bad", and that their previous album was great mostly because it had 2 guitarists, my expectations aren't really high.

The other day, i got Anthrax - Persistance Of Time to warm me up before i get their new album.
Also got the Blaze solo album - Tenth Dimesion, special edition with a Bonus disc with a few live songs including a brilliant version of Futureal.
And Powerslave, which means im now over half way to completing my Maiden studio album collection (Don't judge, im only 14 and only been a Maiden fan for 2 years)
Also wondering what people are thinking about Worship Music, is it worth getting or just an average thrash album?

Im also hoping to get some Dio albums and collect them, can anybody recomend 1 or 2?

First of all I've been a maiden fan for 8 years, and I'm 14 too! :p

Worship Music is great, it's got some great songs.

I prefer Last in Line slightly over Holy Diver, but you can't go wrong with either.

Worship Music-Anthrax, Wow this album blew me away. I agree with mosh this album is awesome. If you like Anthrax buy this album and support the band!  :shred:

They don't have it at Wal-Mart. That is the only store I've been to since the release, besides the local shop but I went there for DT. And I don't count the shop up in the mountains because $20 just ain't right. I'm sure they have it at Best Buy though. Perhaps I'll get it this weekend.

Yea I assume that's how much it costs at most places.

Beast over Hammersmith was great, arrived yesterday and LAD isnt my favourite 80s live recording anymore  :)
Booklets nice (the white shows up any crap in the case though), Bruce sounds so chilled out on stage when he talks.
Also Transylvania is a good live track along with the runaway solo at the end  :blush:

I purchased the new Opeth album this week. Here is my facebook review:

The new Opeth album 'Heritage' is a truly masterful melancholic acoustic soundscape occasionally pierced by brutal roaring distorted guitars. The album has a romantically gothic atmosphere akin to listening to the images within the mind of Lord Byron at his most creative. They say jazz grew out of the Great Migration to urban Chicago but the unrestrained sounds filling 'Heritage' really make me wonder if an earlier era of jazz existed back in ancient Scandinavia from whence these troubadours evolved - well its plausible to me anyhow. The boys from Opeth show once again that there is more to Scandinavia than IKEA and jarred fish. Allow 'Heritage' to permeate your waking hours - TLHC

I've already recently downloaded Moonsorrow's latest. Its brilliant but not getting enough of my attention due to Opeth's gem.

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
The boys from Opeth show once again that there is more to Scandinavia than IKEA and jarred fish.

Not sure if you were aware of it but the leaders of modern era metal come from Scandinavia my friend.
For about two decades now.

I particularly like this part of your review:

The new Opeth album 'Heritage' is a truly masterful melancholic acoustic soundscape occasionally pierced by brutal roaring distorted guitars.

Cool.

The boys from Opeth show once again that there is more to Scandinavia than IKEA and jarred fish.
Im from Scandinavia so dont talk shit about it  <_< :p

Hey Foro. The jarred fish was added to take the seriousness off my review...for non-metalheads on facebook. I'm a devout follower of King Diamond (Denmark) and have worshipped his voice and Andy Laroque's guitar for over twenty years now. Dig Meshuggah, Running Wild and recently have discovered Moonsorrow. If you have any Skandi recommendations please let me know. :)

The new Opeth, astounding. It takes a little time to comprehend but...wow.

Back