Votes: 8 19.0%

Votes: 19 45.2%

Votes: 12 28.6%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
Since there's a main discussion thread for this song already, let's just use this thread to rate it and say how many stars we gave it.

I give it ****

It would be higher if the vocals were of better quality.  I hope this is not a sign of things to come on the album.  The singing does fit the lyrics but not the music so much.  And who knows maybe I'll get used to it.  The chorus is just fine though.  The music especially after 2:55 (first chorus) is superb.  Fast and heavy.

4 stars.  It is a nice single. It takes me back to when Maiden galloped and not just marched.  I love the length {not too long, not too short].  The talking story telling is okay and balances well with the rest of the lyrics.  I have listened an absurd 40+ times already, and have yet to turn it off without hearing the whole song.  Like all of you, I hope it is a middle of the road song for the album.  If this is the best song, we are in trouble.  I don't anticipate that. I have very high hopes that the shorter tracks will be rockers[ Mother of mercy/ the alchemist.. The Talisman is a favorite Steven King story, should be interesting.  Coming home is also a Scorpions song, off of Love at first sting.  If Maiden's coming home is that good, it will rock.  Yah, 4 stars.  Can't wait for the rest!!!!!!!!1

The galloping bass is great, the chorus is pretty catchy, but otherwise an average track. The length is just ok, not too long nor too short, like bornless said. But yeah, waiting for the rest of the album. Only on NPFTD has a single release been the best track of the album IMO.

Nice riffage, bridge & solos. Vocals & chorus rather poor. It could be a minute shorter or so. Hell 'Run Too The Hills' is the half length after all!

It's a good song, but it will not go down as a classic. Some catchy parts, as I said the chorus will be good live. By Maiden standards, it's nothing special. Out of 5, I'll give it 3,5 (or maybe 4,0).

As I said in the other thread, Maiden's best single in the last 20 years.
I love everything about it.

I gave it 5 stars because I absolutely love it, I can't stop listening to it, if the rest of the album is like this then I'm gonna be a very happy fan

***      It's ok. Always nice to hear new stuff from the boys. Hope most of the new album is a step or two above this one.

*  This song is just bland.  One good thing is it doesn't have the classic e-c-d pattern Maiden seem to love nowadays.  But even considering that,  it's just bland...

SneakySneaky said:
*  This song is just bland.  One good thing is it doesn't have the classic e-c-d pattern Maiden seem to love nowadays.  But even considering that,  it's just bland...

You mean E - C - G - D pattern, but yeah, lol.

Back