Rant Thread

It's become obvious recently that this board desperately needs a thread where people can rant about stuff.
What's the 100K thread for then? :eek:
I want more intense ranting here.

Not sure if this post's rant intensity justifies it to be here, rantometer 3.5 /10 at Cinqus scale, yet better here than in Now Playing one.

Those were the days. Improvisations, guitar solos, drum solos, long speeches. Frankly now it's kind of boring to know exactly the songs order being the same for 100 dates with no surprises and little speech fills if at all in the middle. Or worse, lame rants about flares and marijuana.

We could easily get much more of what we actually have, Bruce reading poetry between the songs with some basic keys and guitar in the background, some Harris solos some Nicko solos. You know, content. No need to be too deep. Just give us some differentiation from a show to another if you don't want to change the setlist or the order.

It's not too difficult to produce, but recipe requires ingredients long gone: Zest, enthusiasm, energy. If you don't have 'em, imitate 'em!

Bruce is doing alright for himself in this compartment, Steve still has the energy to do clubs with British Lion, Adrian still got the fire big time. Why the fuck they don't join forces and insist keeping Maiden so boring, really?

Blame Steve -Rod unholy aliance.

I wanna quit my job because I don't think I'll ever get more money here, my manager is a bad person and I feel like I hit the ceiling in terms of promotions.

However, I'm also super scared of moving someplace even worse if I'm not careful.

But I also feel like it's better to bounce before it gets even worse and I feel like it will get worse very soon. And at least I'd move somewhere where I'd be paid more so even if I were to be let go from that new place, I'd at least have more money.

I wanna quit my job because I don't think I'll ever get more money here, my manager is a bad person and I feel like I hit the ceiling in terms of promotions.

Sometimes not get promoted is a good thing. I did extremely well the last few years and got promoted 2 times, which raised eyebrows to some but yet the performance was there you must be blind not to see.
No matter the promotions, I continued to be curious, with great zest and all and I thought the next promotion was already overdue (and it is).

It's been a month that I was complaining to my line manager that how is possible to have the same grade with X whom obviously I considered inferior. Well guess what. A week later the promotions were announced the X was promoted but not me.

Huge slap. Huge and instant demotivation, anger and all. I wanted to fucking leave from there on the spot, but we were in a fucking Team Building hours driving from home I didn't even have my car. And it was fucking nothing there, some sort of rich people's resort, not even a village in the vicinity.

Then as days and weeks start to pass by, good things came. I started to close my computer before 19:30, increased the time I spend with my companion, started to go out with friends the weekends, stopped to worry about things that are not in my reach and increased the activities that will promote my interests, instead of constantly sacrificing them for the greater good of the Team... Wow!

Now I feel much more balanced, happy and frankly I'm doing much less (still over and above, though). Yesterday I cleaned the balcony and enjoyed the sunset there it must be months that I hadn't done that. Remembered how this time last year I was literally locked in my apartment for weeks, laid back and thought how beautiful life is.

:)

Don't you just love it when you have a lot of good things going on in your life but one tiny negative thought born out of absolutely nothing completely negates it all? 'cause I sure do. :rolleyes:

Asshole insects who think it's funny to buzz in my ear every five minutes in the middle of the night, and when I round on them they turn invisible...

Suddenly I understood that: I hate that Marillion parted ways with Fish...!!!
I discovered them several years ago and immediately liked first three albums. They're very interesting. I hate when bands suddenly change their course. (With Maiden things are different, because Bruce is their Fish, not Paul)

Suddenly I understood that: I hate that Marillion parted ways with Fish...!!!
I discovered them several years ago and immediately liked first three albums. They're very interesting. I hate when bands suddenly change their course. (With Maiden things are different, because Bruce is their Fish, not Paul)
I tried to like Marillion with Hogarth.
Good songs, some good albums, alot of meh and not as great as the ones with Fish.

I hate it when people post their relationship drama on LinkedIn of all places. NOBODY FUCKING CARES. Go to fucking Facebook or Instagram.

You know what really grinds my gears? When you’re in a grocery store, loading your things onto the moving thingy and the person in front of you won’t put the separation thingy between their stuff and your stuff. What are you, so important that you can’t be bothered to reach for it? Yet you have all the time in the world to turn around and look me in the eye as if you’re some demigod. Fuck you, I’ll demonstratively reach for the thingy from afar with my 2-meter-long arms, grabbing it over all the crap you’re going to buy, and put it down where it belongs.

If you lend a van from a store to transport the things you bought there: do you think it´s somehow anti-social behaviour when bringing back the van to leave huge cardboard boxes, clearly from stuff not bought in our store, some black plastic wrapping foil, a shoebox, pizzabox and whatever trash he found at his place but was too lazy to put it outside for free when the recycle company comes?
He freaked out when I made the remark in a polite way and took it personal:
"You call me antisocial?"
No, the behaviour was somehow. Certain people just don´t get these differences.
And I really think it is. I wouldn’t even think to leave my own dirt in another one´s property.

They say that telling people you're planning on doing something makes you more likely to actually do it, so I'm gonna put that into practise tonight and, after a few weeks of losing my nerve, ask a girl on a date.
I bottled it. I hate myself.
Things aren't moving forward with the girl I'm interested in, I think I need to finally admit defeat and walk away.
I hate feeling like I'm giving up, especially as I don't know for definite that she's not interested, but it's better for myself that I do.

Well, I didn't give up, I finally asked her out the other night. Nothing came of it. She said it was really nice of me, but she was busy with work and was sitting some exams for her studies, which I believe was genuine, but also think it was a way for her to let me down gently.

Won't lie, it's pretty disappointing that she wasn't interested. I tried to change my outlook a bit, seeing it at it as less of a date and more of a way to spend some time together and get to know each other better, so it hurts to think that she didn't even seem to want to do that, and I feel a bit stupid for thinking there might've been something there when there wasn't, but that's more on me for getting carried away. I won't take it out on her, I'll keep things friendly, I just won't push for anything anymore.

I won't beat myself up either, she never actually said anything to put me down, the biggest thing to take from it is very positive, that I did put in the effort to speak to her and eventually built up the confidence to ask her out. I've come a long way considering shortly after I met her I was prepared to give up without even trying to speak to her, just assuming that nothing was ever gonna happen.

So yeah, I'm sad, but also pleased for myself.

Last edited:
WTF happened to the quality of copy editing for online journalism over the past couple of years? Lately it feels like this stuff has all been outsourced to a basic spell check function, which doesn't catch things like doubled words, incorrect word use ("their" vs. "there" vs. "they're"), or just outright bad grammar. I'm seeing obvious, egregious errors on a regular basis now, even on sites like the New York Times and BBC News. This isn't that hard, people -- you just have to pay a competent human being to do the job.

Whoever is in charge of my company's Slack done fucked up.

They don't hide private channels from search so I found one where they shared a sheet with everyone's salaries.

My boss earns 5x more than I do and that's just the base salary. And he's fucking useless.

It’s becoming more frequent for me not to understand what teenagers are saying when I overhear their conversation. It’s not just the slang of the young’ns, but the laziness with which many of them pronounce words. They mumble their way through sentences. I’m in a bus right now, and seated behind me are a boy and girl. The boy’s speech is mostly intelligible but I can barely make out anything the girl is saying.

Spoke like a true grandpa lol. Here, this should make you feel better.... or worse I don't know:

Spoke like a true grandpa lol. Here, this should make you feel better.... or worse I don't know:
I was expecting this type of answer, and that’s totally fine. Just pointed out something I’ve noticed, I’m not angry about it or anything, but the rant thread seemed most fitting for this.

Back