Rant Thread

UPDATE: I have finally officially taken, and passed, all the necessary tests, and have received my permit. I called the new job to let them know, and they actually said they were impressed with how quickly I got it! :eek:

They are going to call me on Monday to let me know the next steps.

Oh yeah, and my last day at my current job is tomorrow. I put in my notice right after I had the interview at the new place.

Life is pretty good at the moment! :cool: :cheers:
Excellent!

You know those showers where the temperature gets blazing hot and when you adjust it by the tiniest distance physically possible, it gets so cold that Immortal would write a song about it? There’s no middle-ground.

Last edited:
ur,shower_curtain_closed_context,wide_portrait,750x1000.1.jpg

Apparently you can have both Abbath and a shower...

When you take a bus you don’t usually ride and go on the wrong direction and the next stop happens to be a light year away so you’re lucky if you manage to get back to where you started by New Year’s.

Fed up to the back teeth with postmen and delivery people. Last four deliveries we've had, no distancing whatsoever, standing right up to front door and then stepping forward if you step back. Few wear masks. They get all arsey and offended if you ask them to distance.

Last guy just asked if I would take in a parcel for someone much further down the street. I said no, he left it anyway, and threw my own parcel, marked 'fragile' through the door.

Someone dressed as Santa is currently going around the houses on the estate and going indoors to have his picture taken with the kids. You wouldn't think this was a Tier 3 Very High Alert lockdown area.

I love Polish Post.

Finally, after years of being together, I decided to propose to my better half. I ordered an engagement ring. Two weeks ago.

Still bouncing between mail sort points. Package weight? They have already entered 30 kg of weight so as not to have to deliver it to my home.

I feel that this story is just beginning - once I ordered a package for $ 3,000, they told me to pick it up from the sorting office. I went there but I didn't get it. They lost it and promised delivery two days later. Two days later they called with complaints about why I didn't pick her up two days earlier and who would pay for the (??) re-delivery. I went there, told them what package I was looking for and they gave it to me without checking the documents - more - they allowed me to enter the warehouse and choose it myself and leave.

Back