Rant Thread

I was in Bulgaria once and the cashier in McDonald's didn't know what a cheeseburger was. Or at least not the actual English word "cheeseburger" since the menu was in cyrillic Bulgarian. Almost no one spoke English wherever I went. Sorry, @Ariana :p

Rant part: packing sucks. Whenever I think of packing for a longer trip, I regret ever wanting to go on one. I'm already regretting going to this trip altogether, could've saved the money for cooler stuff. Plus a friend is going on a much cooler trip than mine and I could've gone on that one instead. Plus I really like it when I have lots of money on my bank account and I hate spending it, like I had to for this trip. Damn you, past-Night Prowler!

And that's a huge challenge for a Serb? :confused:
Well yeah. Just because the alphabet is similar doesn't mean the languages are.

Rant part: wish the restaurant had more varied food. It's Greece, where's the fucking Gyros?! At least it's free tho.

Hey, you've been to McDonald's, you have no right to complain about food in Greek restaurants:p
Само се шалим NP

Last edited:
Cinemas. Cinemas are getting shittier by the day. It now costs something like £11 to see even a 2D film. People talk throughout, eat like pigs, and the whole place stinks of overpriced reconstituted meat hot dogs and nachos smothered in baby sick cheese. The cinema we went to today was even worse, because the seating was flat on the floor, not tiered, so you could hardly see past the people in front. The seats were really uncomfortable with low backs and kept trying to fold upright, so you got a crick in your neck unless you sort of lay down in your seat and propped up your head to stare up at the screen. And I swear they have about 40 minutes of exceptionally boring adverts now before films.

Any thread on the forum that is a derivative of "pick the setlist" or "what is your favorite album?" (And yes, I'm guilty of creating a few)

No other band can apparently encourage the fanbase to make an infinite number of 'best of' lists like Maiden...

Cinemas. Cinemas are getting shittier by the day. It now costs something like £11 to see even a 2D film. People talk throughout, eat like pigs, and the whole place stinks of overpriced reconstituted meat hot dogs and nachos smothered in baby sick cheese. The cinema we went to today was even worse, because the seating was flat on the floor, not tiered, so you could hardly see past the people in front. The seats were really uncomfortable with low backs and kept trying to fold upright, so you got a crick in your neck unless you sort of lay down in your seat and propped up your head to stare up at the screen. And I swear they have about 40 minutes of exceptionally boring adverts now before films.
Wow, sounds worse than our cinemas. :p But here it's also getting more and more expensive (one of our chains has even introduced separate prices for different films!). And yes, 40 minutes of adverts with significantly more boring TV ads than trailers... Ugh. I'm lucky, because in my hometown we have a great, high-standard cinema, which isn't part of any chain. Tickets cost much less compared to chain prices and there are almost no adverts (5 minutes max). The downside is that they don't play everything. They skipped Spider-Man for example (which is weird).

Oh, and since we're ranting at cinemas... Screw dubbing! No offence to anyone who prefers it or needs it to enjoy the film, but it's taking more and more screening slots. They used to dub only kids films but now they do blockbusters as well. So we have a fuckload of versions now. All possible combinations - 2D subtitles, 3D subtitles, 2D dubbing, 3D dubbing... It got to the point that it's hard to find a convenient screening time if want to see something in the 2D subtitled version, because they have to fit all the other versions into the schedule.

They skipped Spider-Man for example (which is weird).
My sister is in the theatre business and your local probably couldn't afford to bring in Spider-Man. Basically, Disney will insist on certain films being shown for X number of weeks (often 5-8 depending on the film) and the local guys know they will only fill it for 1-2 weeks. Otherwise they'd have a mostly empty theater for like a month. No problem if you have 10 screens but if you're small...

My sister is in the theatre business and your local probably couldn't afford to bring in Spider-Man. Basically, Disney will insist on certain films being shown for X number of weeks (often 5-8 depending on the film) and the local guys know they will only fill it for 1-2 weeks. Otherwise they'd have a mostly empty theater for like a month. No problem if you have 10 screens but if you're small...
I think it's a matter of too many summer films coming out. They had to drop something, because there's obviously a limited number of screenings you can do having just 2 screens (one big and one small with 49 seats). But they always play Disney stuff and all blockbusters in general, just like chain cinemas (sometimes with minor delays). I'm just surprised they dropped such a big release instead of something else.

Wow, sounds worse than our cinemas. :p But here it's also getting more and more expensive (one of our chains has even introduced separate prices for different films!). And yes, 40 minutes of adverts with significantly more boring TV ads than trailers... Ugh. I'm lucky, because in my hometown we have a great, high-standard cinema, which isn't part of any chain. Tickets cost much less compared to chain prices and there are almost no adverts (5 minutes max). The downside is that they don't play everything. They skipped Spider-Man for example (which is weird).

Oh, and since we're ranting at cinemas... Screw dubbing! No offence to anyone who prefers it or needs it to enjoy the film, but it's taking more and more screening slots. They used to dub only kids films but now they do blockbusters as well. So we have a fuckload of versions now. All possible combinations - 2D subtitles, 3D subtitles, 2D dubbing, 3D dubbing... It got to the point that it's hard to find a convenient screening time if want to see something in the 2D subtitled version, because they have to fit all the other versions into the schedule.
I included the trailers in with the boring ads! Most of them were for films of zero interest to your average war film crowd. The only one that looked any good was for the new Blade Runner film. I wasn't too taken by the idea of that initially, but it does look good from the trailer.

When your friends are rude snobby shits who are never satisfied and entertain themselves by criticising anything and anyone who has done something wrong in their eyes. On top of that, some of them seem to carry a hidden grudge against you and give you shit at every opportunity (for not being a rude snobby fuck?). When you're stuck with them because the few cooler friends you have you don't know that well.

Last edited:
I don't know if Flash is reflecting on Saap or not. Because it sure seems like Saap doesn't have friend.

Do you know what grinds my gears? When people come to work sick, and then cough all over the place. What a fucking totally irresponsible thing to do. The simple fact of the matter is that I like my job. I don't love it. It's not the greatest job in the world, but I could happily do it for another 30, 35 years until I retire. It has good benefits, a retirement plan, all the things you want from a workplace. I like being at work. And when someone comes and makes everyone else sick, it sucks. Not only does it mean I might get sick, but it also means that everyone else might, which means everyone has to do more work, which makes the place miserable.

If you are sick.

Stay. FUCKING. HOME.

I think the best solution going forward for me is to skip all summer vacations. I don't even like summer. Or sunny weather. Or the heat. Or friggin' sand. I'm also a bad swimmer and don't really enjoy swimming altogether. I also hate getting a tan. Dunno why I even bother anymore tbh. I only really went on sea/summer vacations to hang out and rest and since I can't even do that...

You have bad holiday luck, NP. :/

Meanwhile, Saap might have crap friends, but he can smugly remember that he's a rock god and they're not.

Back