Rant Thread

I've decided to take the next job offer given to me, whatever it is.

There is no possible way I'll get a salary that's lower than my current one; I can't get interviews for job positions lower than mine even if I wanted to (and I do) and I'm massively underpaid in my current position.

I'm in an interview process with another company. I'm not overly excited about them, but if I get an offer, I'm taking it just to get away from the Macedonian Cunt and the rest of the moronic leadership at the company.

I've decided to take the next job offer given to me, whatever it is.

There is no possible way I'll get a salary that's lower than my current one; I can't get interviews for job positions lower than mine even if I wanted to (and I do) and I'm massively underpaid in my current position.

I'm in an interview process with another company. I'm not overly excited about them, but if I get an offer, I'm taking it just to get away from the Macedonian Cunt and the rest of the moronic leadership at the company.
The worst thing that can happen is that nothing happens. Good luck and godspeed on your journey to greener pastures,

For years I was a hard drive back up freak but recently I start relying more and more to Cloud Services for my back ups.

If you use macOS and OneDrive this may concern you.

Last time I did a full hard disk back up and retire the hard disk was early 2021 since my transition to silicon Mac.
Since then I was using a combination of Cloud Back up and hard drive one though may times I was formatting the hard disk and copying whatever was on the Cloud as if it were the truth (on the cloud)

Just 2 days ago I realized that my OneDrive desktop client was containing suspiciously less Gb of what one would expect. Of course this was mirrored with the computer back up -which due to hard drive being quite expensive I used to format instead of buying a new one.
Thus I went through my retired hard drives and the difference was striking: About 30 Gb of photos missing, ~20 Gb of personal records including manuscripts, prototypes etc, online courses that I paid dear and all that.

After a combination of searching through various back ups, I'm quite sure I recovered 95% of the material but god knows what I would have lost if this was un-noticed. Sooner or later I would format the Master Back UP drive and all would be lost.

This is quite a mysterious affair how so much data was lost. Thankfully I had kept an "un-necessary" back up from last summer, the leak apparently started to happen after that. Problem was that personal folder was missing from that back up but I managed to recover most of it -if not all- from other back ups plus, as I had little contribution there since 2021.

Lessons learnt:

1. Never fully rely on Cloud services for back ups.
2. Always mirror /confirm the Cloud back up with a hard one.
3. Keep a Master Back up every 6 months or 1 year and do not delete it the following year.
4. Do not format Back up drives, ever. Or do, but duplicate them prior.

Back