Rant Thread

I know what you feel, man. Lately I've spent way too much time looking at people's social media profiles and falling deeper into the abyss of "everyone else's life is full of stuff they enjoy with people they like". Definitely a mentality I hope to overcome.

Try not to worry about stuff like other people's life's being better than your own (which I think is what you're getting at, otherwise this will be embarrassing:p), just keep your chin up and be proud about yourself and what you've achieved and what you will in the future

And anyways, life will always throw a surprise at you unexpectedly. At the start of the year, I was so damn lonely, I remember having barely anyone to have a birthday meal with. But one day a friend introduced me to another by chance one day. How many friends did I make in the future from that day? 20? 50? I honestly can't remember, but life will sometimes get better from the things you least expect, and don't be so hard on yourselves

I used to get very petty when I saw couples of my age engaging in PDA. That changed a long time ago though, nowadays I just think "good for them" when I see it.
I also used to think the same, now I just find it weird, PDA's were discontinued years ago!

I know what you feel, man. Lately I've spent way too much time looking at people's social media profiles and falling deeper into the abyss of "everyone else's life is full of stuff they enjoy with people they like". Definitely a mentality I hope to overcome.

Yup. I'd advise you kick social media like me, but I still can't get away from people whose "life is full of stuff they enjoy with people they like". Bastards. Stop having fun.

I used to get very petty when I saw couples of my age engaging in PDA. That changed a long time ago though, nowadays I just think "good for them" when I see it.

I get petty when I see couples of any age engaging in PDA. :huh:

Pharmacists%27_Defence_Association_Logo.png
, of course.

Yup. I'd advise you kick social media like me, but I still can't get away from people whose "life is full of stuff they enjoy with people they like". Bastards. Stop having fun.
First of all, rant away, even if it doesn't necessarily make sense - it might help you to organize your thoughts a bit better.

Secondly, have more fun in life. It's not hard - think of things you like to do, then do them!

If you're spending all your time doing selfies to show how much fun you're having, and posting them on social media, it's reducing the actual fun you're having. It's more self-marketing/networking than anything, and gets incredibly boring and meaningless to anyone not in on the so-called fun.

If you're spending all your time doing selfies to show how much fun you're having, and posting them on social media, it's reducing the actual fun you're having. It's more self-marketing/networking than anything, and gets incredibly boring and meaningless to anyone not in on the so-called fun.
For the most part, I agree, but I'd make a distinction here. There are people who make selfies and use social media only for the network value while actually having nothing meaningful to show off. That's bullshit and that's the majority of it. There are others who share great moments, career achievements, genuine happiness. That stuff can hurt a bit because it makes you question your own life and worth.

Secondly, have more fun in life. It's not hard - think of things you like to do, then do them!

Personally, I find that I'm influenced by external factors whether I want to or not. I tend to feel very drained and lack motivation when I haven't had meaningful contact with people in a while. Today, I randomly met an old classmate on the bus and talking to her for just a few minutes gave me a huge boost in energy and confidence. I wish these things would happen more often. Most of my time commuting is spent observing good-looking and apparently successful/content people, very similar to browsing social media profiles. The difference is crystal clear: when I feel confident and relatively happy about things, I don't care about strangers, I'm the most important person in my life. When I miss contact, I spend all my time thinking about and longing for others, whether I'm on the bus, at the movies, in the gym, wherever. This results in not being able to get any work done and not getting any joy out of the things I would normally enjoy. I guess we all need some respect and acknowledgement from others every now and then to feel good about ourselves. How to get it on a more regular basis without having serious pitfalls in between, I haven't been able to figure out.

Personally, I find that I'm influenced by external factors whether I want to or not. I tend to feel very drained and lack motivation when I haven't had meaningful contact with people in a while. Today, I randomly met an old classmate on the bus and talking to her for just a few minutes gave me a huge boost in energy and confidence. I wish these things would happen more often. Most of my time commuting is spent observing good-looking and apparently successful/content people, very similar to browsing social media profiles. The difference is crystal clear: when I feel confident and relatively happy about things, I don't care about strangers, I'm the most important person in my life. When I miss contact, I spend all my time thinking about and longing for others, whether I'm on the bus, at the movies, in the gym, wherever. This results in not being able to get any work done and not getting any joy out of the things I would normally enjoy. I guess we all need some respect and acknowledgement from others every now and then to feel good about ourselves. How to get it on a more regular basis without having serious pitfalls in between, I haven't been able to figure out.

You are an extrovert, that's what that means. I'm much the same way - if I don't talk with people, I get drained and want to disengage. However, there's an easy fix: make friends.

You are an extrovert, that's what that means. I'm much the same way - if I don't talk with people, I get drained and want to disengage. However, there's an easy fix: make friends.

It's funny that people who know me would probably never call me an extrovert. I might be, but I've never been great at making friends. Always wanted to have them but the people I get to know usually disappoint or straight out treat me like shit, like I've explained in the past. The people I really admire I rarely get to know. It seems like the best people are always out of reach. I wonder why it's so difficult for some people to meet others who can make them feel good.

It's funny that people who know me would probably never call me an extrovert. I might be, but I've never been great at making friends. Always wanted to have them but the people I get to know usually disappoint or straight out treat me like shit, like I've explained in the past. The people I really admire I rarely get to know. It seems like the best people are always out of reach. I wonder why it's so difficult for some people to meet others who can make them feel good.
If you gain energy by being around people, you're an extrovert. Extrovert isn't about shyness or anything like that, it's about how you get engaged and feel energized. I assumed I was an introvert because I didn't make friends easily when I was your age as well - turns out I am a complete extrovert, and I just needed to find people who I actually liked.

Back