Rank the Iron Maiden albums game

Vote for the albums which should move up (see first post)

• Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Killers

• The X Factor

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Virtual XI

• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • The above order is correct

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The X Factor has to come down three spots, then i'd probably be relatively satisfied with the order. I voted for the three albums right below it.

The poll has been reset!
Moved up: Somewhere In Time, The Final Frontier, AMOLAD, Dance Of Death, Iron Maiden, Killers
Moved down: Piece Of Mind, Brave New World, The X Factor

Piece Of Mind, Brave New World, Number Of The Beast

SinisterMinisterX said:
The interesting question to watch is this: will the list converge to some consensus ranking that sees no significant change? For example, will Powerslave get to the top 3, and then shift around a bit, but stay in that top 3? Or will there be constant fluctuation, with results seeming random? The convergence seems likely to me, and the second question is how many rounds it will take to get there.

The list did converge to something like a consensus. 7th Son has usually held #1. A half dozen - SIT, TFF, POM, BNW, AMOLAD, Powerslave - has usually been #2 thru #7, though the order shifts every time. TNOTB is usually #8 but had some occasional climbs higher. Until the last round, all the lower 7 albums had held their position for a very long time. The recent drop of TXF shakes it up, but the bottom 7 are still the same 7 songs.

How long did it take? 33 rounds. Iron Maiden has 15 albums. My hypothesis: if you do this game with any band, you need the number of albums x2 to get a good result. That gives plenty of time to separate the wheat from the chaff.

So now I have a question for all of you: do you want to continue this Maiden albums game? Or should we try another band?

Powerslave only.

SinisterMinisterX said:
So now I have a question for all of you: do you want to continue this Maiden albums game? Or should we try another band

My personal choices would be:
1. Rainbow with 8 albums,
2. Metallica with 10,
3. Bruce with 6,
4. Guns N' Roses with also 6.

But I don't think many people would participate in those games due to lack of interest (in bands). Or can we start them with IM still running?

Glad to see your classic avatar back again SMX. :)

SIT, Powerslave, X Factor.

SSOASS can't be at the top!

And SMX it would be great to do this with other bands, it's just a question of choosing them. I'm all for it! =)

Psh. Can't we do Maiden AND another band? (I will not give up until FOTD and NPFTD are out from the bottom two.)

LooseCannon said:
TXF is down below Killers and IM? WTF!

TXF, FOTD, NPFTD. There is no way TXF belongs in the bottom seven, much less bottom four.

I've got to say... it's quite refreshing seeing people voicing out their love for the 90's and reunion era albums on this forum. A lot of old school fans and typical metalheads are very predictable in their rankings... All 80s albums first, then the reunion albums, then the 90s albums. Something like:

01. Powerslave
02. The Number of the Beast
03. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
04. Iron Maiden
05. Piece of Mind
06. Somewhere in Time
07. Killers
08. Brave New World
09. A Matter of Life and Death
10. Dance of Death
11. The Final Frontier
12. Fear of the Dark