Random trivia

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
Here's the idea: Someone asks a question and anyone can attempt to answer it. Once the correct answer is given, anyone can ask a new question. I'll start it off.

Who was the first President of the U.S.?

The first democratically elected President of the United States of America was Lt. General George Washington. Although an act of Congress in the 70s elevated him to the rank of General of the Army.

That's right but under the Articles Of Confederation, Congress appointed John Hanson as President. When the U.S. adopted the Constitution, George Washington was elected President. I can't think of any more questions now so someone else has to post one. (Come on, Cannon! You know a shit load of history! Ask away.)

Yes, I've read that. There's also the previous presidents of the Continental Congress. Anyway.

Um, let's see.

What man believed he was present at every major battle from the Battle of Arbela up until the Battle of the Bulge (where he indeed was)?

well I know one : Liberia(or someting like that [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

I really don't know the second one.... [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I got an half-answer so i'll ask an half-question!!

???? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It seems that my half answer killed the topic. Sorry about that [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
So here's a complete question: Who is the creator of Donkey Kong, Mario, Link, Zelda, Yoshi, etc.....????????

I wonder if IronDuke had Angola in mind as a second African country, as Cuba played an important part in its civil wars. Other than that, my wild guess would be Sierra Leone, because I vaguely remember it had something to do with liberated slaves, just like Liberia (but then, it could as well be Gabon).

[!--QuoteBegin-Battlemaniacs+Jun 3 2004, 11:08 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Battlemaniacs @ Jun 3 2004, 11:08 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Who is the creator of Donkey Kong, Mario, Link, Zelda, Yoshi, etc.....???????? [/quote]
Nintendo.

New question:
On the US singles chart, what band had the most #2 singles without ever reaching #1?

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Are you looking for the company or the man? [/quote]
I sais who not what [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] It is Shigeru Miyamoto (not sure about the typing)

[!--QuoteBegin-Battlemaniacs+Jun 4 2004, 05:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Battlemaniacs @ Jun 4 2004, 05:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I sais who not what [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  It is Shigeru Miyamoto (not sure about the typing) [/quote]
That is how you spell it.

As for SMX's question:
Give me a hint!

Hints:
It's a band, not an individual person.
The band has three words in their name.
The name is often abbreviated by fans.
The hits happened in the late 1960s.

Huge hint:
The band played at Woodstock but was NOT in the movie.

Edit:
If no one comes up with the answer by 4 PM Denver time (36 hours since I posted the question) I'll tell you the answer and we can move on to a new question.

That has got to be it because them and only 4 other bands that played at Woodstock have 3 words in the name. Credence Clearwater were the only band that were abbreviated also.

Then it's answered. here's my question. In 1991 grunge was becoming popular, however three Heavy Metal Bands had album's that Debuted at #1. What band was the FIRST to do so? and if you want a gold star you can mention the other two [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Skid Row was the first, Metallica and Guns N Roses the other two.
(Been watching VH1 lately, Onhell? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Of course CCR was correct for my first question.

New question:
What was Black Sabbath's original name, before they wrote the song "Black Sabbath" and took the song title for the band name?

Hint: One word, five letters.

Back