Random trivia

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jun 9 2004, 06:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jun 9 2004, 06:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] It's very hard to pick who originates a specific genre of music.  Especially sub-varieties of a major type.  Most people will lump thrash, operatic, death, and black metal in with heavy metal.  Just as a lot of people would lump the various pop-types in with each other. [/quote]
I think people lump them together because they are only SUB-genres. Heavy Metal is the genre while Death/Black, thrash, speed, melodic, power, symphonic, epic, etc etc are only variations, not genres of their own. As for the Next question

What is The Son of Sam's real name?

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Jun 9 2004, 07:59 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Jun 9 2004, 07:59 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I think people lump them together because they are only SUB-genres. Heavy Metal is the genre while Death/Black, thrash, speed, melodic, power, symphonic, epic, etc etc are only variations, not genres of their own. [/quote]
That's what I said, Onhell.

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
oh, my bad, I thought you said they lumped them together because they didn't know better, like a lot of people think all latin americans are Mexican when of course that's bullshit, so I misread your post. You didn't answer the question though... anybody?

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
Hmmmmmm ...

[!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I think this question is too obscure. I have no idea what it is! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
Too obscure!!! one of the most famous mass murderers in U.S history? right up there with Charlse Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Ted Bundy? hmmm, i thought it would be rather easy [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
That's just my excuse for not knowing the answer. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I know who The Son of Sam is but I never learned his real name. Perhaps I'll search it on google. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
Damn I'm stupid! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] It's David Berkowitz! I should have remembered that one.

Question:
What is my real name? (Since it's so hard, first name will do.)

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
Madonna? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

A

Anonymous

Hermenegille??? [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

LooseCannon

Staff member
Walter, Gunther, Robert, Richard, Gregory, Adam, William, Bones, Freak, Daniel, Darcy, Dwayne, Bryan, Joseph, Buddy, Timo, Steve, Bruce, Dave, Nick, Adrian?

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
No one has gotten it yet. Maybe my question was a bit tough so here are some not-so-helpful hints:

>James and Joseph were the closest so far.
>My full first name has 7 letters.
>My shortened first name has 4 letters.
POSSIBLE SPOILER:
>It's not any of the above names.

LooseCannon

Staff member
Here's one, then.

Which actor holds the record for appearing in the most full-length feature films?

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I think it's Christopher Lee, right?

Try this: No movie has ever won all four acting Oscars (best actor and actress, best supporting actor and actress) but there are two movies that won 3 out of 4. Name them.