Random trivia

dblSoloistRd.jpg

I know that moving footage. And opposed to most out here, I have even seen the man with my own eyes playing that thing. But I doubt if I would have noticed unless I knew in advantage. I am not a guitar freak. I look at every other thing than guitar strings.
Why did I even try?

Last edited:
Some football trivia:

1) Only 6 players managed to score in all 4 biggest European football leagues (England, Italy, Spain and Germany). One of those 6 managed that feat yesterday. Which 6?

2) Only 2 players played in all 5 biggest European football leagues (4 from above + France). Which 2? One of these 2 is also one of the 6 from above :)

I frankly have no idea. My first thought was Ibrahimovic, but he never played in Germany.

One of those 6 managed that feat yesterday.
It was Kevin-Prince Boateng. He scored 5 goals for Portsmouth, 18 goals for Milan, 17 goals for Hertha and Schalke and 2 goals for his current club Las Palmas.
The other 5 are Florin Raducioiu, Gheorghe Popescu, Jon Dahl Tomasson, Pierre Womé and Obafemi Martins.

Florin Raducioiu and Christian Poulsen.

Raducioiu is also the only to have scored in all 5 biggest leagues!

No I see the answer, it's fairly obvious for some of those names (Boateng, Poulsen, Raducioiu) but not so much the others.

Jon Dahl Tomasson!
Good memories! I can imagine he's one of them. His clubs and goals:

1992–1994 Køge 28
1994–1997 Heerenveen 37
1997–1998 Newcastle United 3
1998–2002 Feyenoord 55
2002–2005 Milan 22
2005–2007 VfB Stuttgart 8
2007–2008 Villarreal 7
2008–2011 Feyenoord 20

Only three in the Premier League so I can see Albie's point of view.

True to the topic, here's something random:

A good number of countries switched from left-hand traffic to right-hand traffic at some point. Many countries, especially in the Commonwealth, retain left-hand traffic. However, only two countries in the world ever switched from right-hand to left-hand traffic, and keep it to this day. Any guesses which countries, and why? Here's a hint: One of them could be guessed with some knowledge of world history, the other one with very good knowledge of political geography.

Yes, both of them actually. But it's relevant only in one.
Did one of them become or cease being a German terrority i.e. this was this reason for the change?

Did either of the countries who changed from right to left-hand driving, previously actual drive on the left i.e. they were changing back?

Question 1: Both of them ceased being German territory at some point, but it was only the reason for the change in one case. In the other case, you could argue that Germany indirectly influenced this by shaping the political geography that ultimately brought about the change, but the change happened long after it ceased being German territory.

Question 2: Not to my knowledge.

Back