Random trivia

You say you are looking for three basic facts... is one of them that Germany invaded them before and during the Second World War?

Other than that, yes we do need hint(s).

[!--quoteo(post=129793:date=Feb 25 2006, 06:12 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Feb 25 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]129793[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
You say you are looking for three basic facts... is one of them that Germany invaded them before and during the Second World War?

Other than that, yes we do need hint(s).
[/quote]

Nope. In fact none of these countries was invaded by Germany during WWII.

[!--quoteo(post=129794:date=Feb 25 2006, 06:13 PM:name=syl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(syl @ Feb 25 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]129794[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The first one is Czechoslovakia

Is this about Empires ? Is this about languages ?
[/quote]

First comment is correct. The second one is nudging into the right direction. It has nothing to do with languages.

A hint? Pull out an atlas and compare the maps.

[!--quoteo(post=129797:date=Feb 25 2006, 07:14 PM:name=Battlemaniacs)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Battlemaniacs @ Feb 25 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]129797[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Simple, huh?

Is it that they're all european country!?!?!? ::
[/quote]

Well, no, that simplicity would insult the level this thread has reached by now [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

As I said, pull out an atlas and compare the maps.

No, no. People, take an atlas, open a political map of Europe and compare the countries.

[!--quoteo(post=129794:date=Feb 25 2006, 05:13 PM:name=syl)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(syl @ Feb 25 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]129794[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Is this about Empires ? Is this about languages ?
[/quote]

[!--quoteo(post=129795:date=Feb 25 2006, 05:25 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 25 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]129795[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
First comment is correct. The second one is nudging into the right direction. It has nothing to do with languages.
[/quote]
So it does have something to do with Empires?

Perhaps it has something to do with how the countries were formed as they are today. After World War I, Austria and Czechoslovakia being formed from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and Finland from the Russian Empire.

[!--quoteo(post=129819:date=Feb 26 2006, 01:08 PM:name=national acrobat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Feb 26 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]129819[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Perhaps it has something to do with how the countries were formed as they are today. After World War I, Austria and Czechoslovakia being formed from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and Finland from the Russian Empire.
[/quote]

You found out the first fact I was looking for.
The maps of Czechoslovakia and Finland were supposed to be a hint towards the setting of the question. The map of Finland shows territories Finland lost to the Soviet Union in 1940, and the map of Czechoslovakia includes the Carpatho-Ukraine, a territory annexed to Hungary during and to the Ukrainian SSR after WW2.

Now, let me hint at the other two facts I am looking for (they are in fact very related). What characteristics did these countries have as opposed to, for example, these:

Vorkriegspolen.gif

hungary.gif

A note, it has nothing immediate to do with German invasion in WW2.

This doesn't quite seem to be an answerable question. Should I just post the answer and leave the field for somebody else to post a new one?

Should I post the sollution now? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130011:date=Feb 28 2006, 03:33 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 28 2006, 03:33 PM) [snapback]130011[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Should I post the sollution now? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Unless there are any objections, I would love to hear the answer. Quite honestly the vagueness of this question is getting tedious [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130011:date=Feb 28 2006, 04:33 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 28 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]130011[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]
Post whatever you like, mate, but we'd like to know the solution too! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130019:date=Feb 28 2006, 06:23 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 28 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]130019[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Post whatever you like, mate, but we'd like to know the solution too! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Oops, looks like he made a slight sollecism. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Back