'rainbow's Gold'

A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Rainbow's Gold' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

I can`t believe that no one has commented on this song yet. I really like it, it`s the first one in my Maiden library on my computer, so it`s a kind of a opener whenever I listen to Maiden. I haven`t heard the original version though, so I can`t say which is better.

5/10

Rainbow’s Gold is a cover of a song by a virtually unknown UK band called Beckett. It’s a decent song with a cool riff but some pretty pedestrian vocal melodies. Maiden sound like the they’re having fun, so it’s definitely enjoyable.

I actually really dig this cover a lot. It sounds great in the Powerslave sound and its got a nice little groove to it in the verses. Bruce kills it!

9/10

Always loved this song; although when the song speeds up, Bruce is a bit hard to understand on the 2:30 mark and at the end when he sings "I'm so tired", I could not make out the last word "tired". Thanks God for the internet!
Obviously would love to see this live but will never happen

Back