Quick GMAC question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I ever realized the impact of the intent. But good to know (or remember; this started very long ago) it is based on a sport tournament.

You did a lot of careful work for the first round and chose carefully when some big ones enter for the first time. This should be praised. All I did was commenting on how these bigger ones are meeting each other in this fase. I rather see subdivision albums slaughter weaker albums (rather than weaker vs weaker and ultrastrong vs subdividion). But fair enough, it is complicated enough and a lot of work already.

Yeah, the big albums from League 3 are meeting the even bigger albums from League 2. That's intended behaviour. And in some cases, there's preferred forum albums because I didn't just go by the forum rankings that come in at lower spots and go on runs. Also fine.

There's a round of 32, a round of 16, a round of 8, 4, and then the final 2 (although I will do a third place matchup first).
In that case — if I’ve comprehended this — I would keep it at 4 matchups per update, but once the final league has entered and we’re at the final stretch, I think 2 matchups per update would be fine.

LC I don't have any problems with the format or your system of work (and it's quite some work to organize this). I simply don't understand how non metal albums can participate in a greatest metal album event.

LC I don't have any problems with the format or your system of work (and it's quite some work to organize this). I simply don't understand how non metal albums can participate in a greatest metal album event.
I ended up choosing to let people make their decisions because a) the lines blur and b) I didn't want to argue with 30 different nominators about what is and isn't metal.

There's a round of 32, a round of 16, a round of 8, 4, and then the final 2 (although I will do a third place matchup first).
Question, once league 1 has concluded, will the final 32 teams be re-seeded for the playoff bracket based on their performance in league play? Or will the format simply be the stream 1 champion vs stream 2 champion, stream 3 champion vs stream 4 champion, and so on.

@LooseCannon you're doing Dio's work and whatever you decide is fine by me.

I was hoping to spend more time with each album as the crunch came and some extra time would help, but I think external (life) factors will have more influence regardless.

Question, once league 1 has concluded, will the final 32 teams be re-seeded for the playoff bracket based on their performance in league play? Or will the format simply be the stream 1 champion vs stream 2 champion, stream 3 champion vs stream 4 champion, and so on.
It wasn't intended to be reseeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back