Purgatory

Discussion in 'Killers' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Purgatory on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

20.0%
  2. 9

21.7%
  3. 8

18.3%
  4. 7

20.0%
  5. 6

8.3%
  6. 5

6.7%
  7. 4

1.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

3.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Number 6

Number 6 Ancient Mariner

I disagree, but I think I understand your point (to some extent). Killers is my second least favorite Maiden album, so I can agree (for the most part) about the album as a whole. However, I don't see how it can be more repetitive than Virtual XI (my least favorite Maiden album). Also, I get your point about the production, I understand why you think like that, but I definitely prefer the production on this one than on the debut. As for "The Angel and the Gambler" being unjustly criticized, I don't think it is. I love the song, but I can totally understand where the hate comes from. There are lots of other Maiden songs (say, "The Apparition") on which the hate makes no sense at all, not to mention that it is more repetitive than "Purgatory". The lyrics might not be the best, but they suit the band's direction at the time (it goes with most of the lyrics on the rest of the album and on the debut), and IMO the music is spectacular and on par with most of their future output.

2. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

My previous post explains my opinion quite well. This monstrosity is still the worst thing Maiden ever put on an album. 2/10.

3. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 Ghost of Benjamin Breeg

Super catchy song. One of the only three great songs from Killers. 9/10

4. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Heh, it's rising. Terrible lyrics, meh vocals, and laughable falsettos hold this song back a ton. But I've found at least for other Maiden songs that are worse, so it's taking one step up on the ladder. 2

5. John Silver

John Silver Is Buddy electric

One of Maiden's best fast songs, this is proto speed metal to the pedal. Bruce could never assimilate DiAnno on this one live, hence it was dropped. A radiant tenner/10