1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purgatory

Discussion in 'Killers' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Purgatory on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

17.0%
  2. 9

19.1%
  3. 8

17.0%
  4. 7

25.5%
  5. 6

10.6%
  6. 5

6.4%
  7. 4

2.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2.1%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

6 out of 10... The only part of this song that ever did anything for me was the chorus. It's been very often skipped over...

2. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

10! Second favorite on Killers, awesome song all around.

3. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Current score: 7.48
    Previous average: 7.96
    Difference: -0.48

4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I think this one is my favorite. It is the first Paul song I heard (I had the first ten years Purgatory single before getting any Paul album) and to this day I still love it. 10/10

5. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

When I think of Killers, I think of this song. Like Perun said, it's one of the most memorable songs from the album. It's not my favorite, but it's a nice, fast-paced song. 7/10. Very typical early Maiden song.

6. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I simply can't stand this song. I'm listening to it right now and I can't wait for it to finish. 1/10.

7. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Clean 8. Great rocking track, guitar interplays are awesome. For anyone that likes calmer/chillout electronica i suggest cover by Macondo; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt-KPWPiZBU . It's one of the best Maiden covers i've ever heard!

8. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

This I really like, enough in there to keep me coming back for more, guitars sound great, up tempo rocker, really tight performance, 8/10.

9. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

A great song, one of the best songs off the album. 8/10.

10. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Good song, a 7.

11. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

8 - I love this track but not quite enough to warrant a 9.

12. wizard

wizard Invader

13. Murder89

Murder89 Officer Friendly

Now this rocker is crazy indeed.Love the tempo and Dave's solo_One of those songs that you're wondering why they haven't been played more times live. 9/10

14. Tron

Tron Trooper

9/10 a good solid appreciable song that in my opinion shouldve been on notb, its talent is wasted on killers  :lol:
    paul handles it bloody well though and i like it alot.  :ok:

15. Revelations85

Revelations85 Trooper

10/10. One of my favourite rockers.

16. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

Crazily chaotic rocker, with great work from all the instruments here, and Paul nails this song. 9/10.

17. Natalie

Natalie Insect of Terror Staff Member

4/10. I know this will raise eyebrows, but I've never cared for this song, its just never impressed me or stuck with me or anything.

18. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

A cool rocker, but Paul's Halford impersonation ruins it again. Also, the third instance on this album in which Steve was way too lazy to write more lyrics, which is quite annoying.

19. AndrewLaeddis

AndrewLaeddis Prowler

Used to love this one, because of it's accessibility, but after getting more into Maiden, it's charm has worn off. Fast and melodic, but the very definition of bland. Lyrics are shit. There is some nice playing under the "please, take me away" part but that's it. 5/10

20. Wow i've been woken back up. Maybe I need coffee. This is actually a fairly fun song on an album that feels like the B-sides to the self-titled debut album. It's catchy though and I like that. This is probably the last decent song on the album, as I recall the final two tracks never sticking out to me.

7/10