Prodigal Son

How good is Prodigal Son on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
One of the band’s weirdest and most unique songs, “Prodigal Son” sounds nothing like anything else the group has recorded. Based around acoustic strumming, it’s got some nice restrained vocals from Paul, cool solos from H and Dave, and overall works as a piece. Solidly good song. 7/10

Definitely a unique song, but I don't have much to say about it. No stand out moments, no truly awful moments either. Largely inoffensive but due to that also very forgettable. The only time I ever listen to this is if I decide to listen to the whole album (or like now to remember how it goes to accurately rate it). A 4 I guess. It's not bad enough to go lower, neither is it good enough to get anything better.

If Iron Maiden ever decide to make a concert with an orchestra, this song has to be played. I think that the beginning of the song is made for an orchestral arrangement. 8/10.
I dunno why I thought that to be honest. Anyway, this is a 6/10. It's much better than most of the songs on this album, but still not really great.

Back