Primus

In a good way? :p I liked the idea of this album but what I heard was pretty boring. Primus hasn't been a very good band in years.

I'm going to my bed; but yeh, it's all about tempo. The main appeal of Primus is Claypool; and for me Claypool's playing is all about rhythm & tempo. Much of his own newer material is a lot more experimental & less... well, less funky & bass driven. And, thus, not quite as appealing.

That's pretty much how I feel. I think I'll skip this one then.

In a good way? :p I liked the idea of this album but what I heard was pretty boring. Primus hasn't been a very good band in years.
To be fair, until Green Naugahyde (2011) they hadn't done anything since the 90's. Claypool's own output in the intervening years, on the otherhand, has indeed been a pretty mixed bag; as I said - more experimental, & less bass driven.
That's pretty much how I feel. I think I'll skip this one then.
Indeed, no particular need to purchase this one. Unless you're some sort of Primus completist...

Last edited:
True, but even in the 90s they were declining. Green Naugahyde was a very bland come back album and was more of the same for them.

Oh I mean the last like, 2 albums. Not their whole discography :p

So you're only referring to Antipop (1999) and Green Naugahyde (2011) then? :D
I actually quite like (liked?; haven't listened to it in quite a few years) Antipop. But, yeh, it was a depature for Primus at the time.

I'm looking at the discography now and I'd include The Brown Album as well. Tales From the Punchbowl sounds familiar but I don't remember anything from it so maybe that one wasn't good either.

It's too bad, they were one of the more unique and exciting bands of the 90s.

Antipop is really good I think. If I had to pick out one album as my least favorite I'd pick Tales From The Punchbowl....There's some good stuff there but also a lot of "filler"

Back