Primordial

Liked it too. At some point I thought some chord change might have helped. But I liked that kind of rhythm and guitar playing.

I think I like the new song, but I'm not sure yet. I have to get used to the idea of them doing something like this. It's like watching a turtle in a sprinting competition.

Both my wife and me were instantly reminded of the film The Wind That Shakes the Barley. So tragic.

36736166_m.jpg

Third listen, still think it's a very, very good one.
Some of the reviews I read, I'm not sure their authors have been listening to the same album.

I didn't really like the album at first. Might've been a faulty download, but I thought the production was shit and that nothing was memorable apart from Stolen Years.

I finally got a proper rip of the album and I like it much better now. Where Lie The Gods, Upon Our Spiritual Death Bed and Last Call are great.

Still waiting for my CD to be delivered, so first heard it on Spotify and their bandcamp before realizing that the Youtube upload is official too.
Great album, not just song by song but in its enirety. Finding new things with each next spin, lots of things they hadn't done before; funnily, while I find this to be one of their most innovative albums, some people complain about it being same old all over again.

It's their darkest album since The Gathering Wilderness, and also least catchy since that one.

Back