Powerslave: Album Discussion

Although I did not even know Maiden existed at the time, and although I love POM quite more than NOTB, I can understand how it could be a slight let down for the fans.

As for the Powerslave album. I always say that although SSOASS it the best Maiden album. Powerslave is my favorite.

Also I could not agree more about H. He is such an amazing guitarist that follows the times in a good way (at least with his playing). I was not that much into the material he did right after leaveing Maiden, but still his guitar song was stellar. Trying not to steer too much away of the thread subject (is there one to begin with ?? :) ) I can't praise Powerslave enough. Top notch material all the way througout. I have heard though that Powerslave back in the day had some mixed reviews. It stood the test of time, so I guess that says it all.

Powerslave (1984)

Aces High - 10/10 >
2 Minutes to Midnight - 10/10 >
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra) - 10/10 >
Flash of the Blade - 10/10 >
The Duellists - 10/10 >
Back in the Village - 10/10 >
Powerslave - 10/10 >
Rime of the Ancient Mariner - 10/10 >

Powerslave is the Maiden album to rule them all. Every second of this record is pure perfection. It’s blazing, all the way through. Every single member here lays down their finest performances individually and as a collective (although H’s solos would get even better from here). Bruce proves he’s the greatest frontman in history. Steve’s basslines are fantastic. Nicko throws in so many amazing fills. The two guitarists are just insane throughout the whole record. It’s a perfect album because every performance is perfectly harnessed. Where certain songs could’ve appeared weak they instead being iron-fucking-clad. This is the album that cemented Maiden as gods and it’s the album that makes sure to retain that status for them. It was the first physical album I bought from them and I played it so many times that I fell in love with every piece of it. The best classic heavy metal record of all time, and it’s not even close. Amazing every time I play it.

Total: 100%

Thanks for sharing although I don't understand nothing at all :lol:
Anyway I hate when the pictures don't belong to the period. (Even the mag cover Bruce is from 1988/9 and Steve is 1984/5)

Thanks for sharing although I don't understand nothing at all :lol:
Anyway I hate when the pictures don't belong to the period. (Even the mag cover Bruce is from 1988/9 and Steve is 1984/5)
De nada. ;)

To translate these scans, you can go to Google Translate after having downloaded these ones and select Images next to Text under the Google Translate logo. And then after select the languages. :)

Fake news, "When The River Runs Deep" is not 10:27 in length. Fire the copy editor!
bigfake.png
He omitted the effort of listen the song and he went to the Official Maiden website and trusted in the people (probably our beloved Tony Newton) who copied & pasted the book of souls length

FIRE BOTH BASTARDS!!! :lol:

Well, at least he didn't use ChatGPT, which returned this:

> List the 10 longest Iron Maiden songs in descending order.

Certainly, here are the 10 longest Iron Maiden songs in descending order based on their duration:

"Empire of the Clouds" - 18:01 (From "The Book of Souls" album, 2015)
"Rime of the Ancient Mariner" - 13:45 (From "Powerslave" album, 1984)
"The Red and the Black" - 13:33 (From "The Book of Souls" album, 2015)
"Sign of the Cross" - 11:17 (From "The X Factor" album, 1995)
"When the Wild Wind Blows" - 10:59 (From "The Final Frontier" album, 2010)
"The Nomad" - 9:06 (From "Brave New World" album, 2000)
"Alexander the Great" - 8:37 (From "Somewhere in Time" album, 1986)
"Brighter Than a Thousand Suns" - 8:44 (From "A Matter of Life and Death" album, 2006)
"Paschendale" - 8:28 (From "Dance of Death" album, 2003)
"Infinite Dreams" - 6:09 (From "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" album, 1988)

This list ranks the songs from the longest to the shortest among Iron Maiden's catalog, as of my last knowledge update in January 2022.

Note that it skips "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" and "For The Greater Good Of God" (despite citing shorter songs from the same albums) and "The Angel And The Gambler", plus it got the order of ATG and BTATS wrong. Gotta love artificial stupidity.

Note that it skips "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" and "For The Greater Good Of God" (despite citing shorter songs from the same albums) and "The Angel And The Gambler", plus it got the order of ATG and BTATS wrong. Gotta love artificial stupidity.
We have another epic song that the band will have to learn, expand another 5 min. and play live

Last edited:

Laughing at Infinite Dreams being in the top 10 at barely 6 mins

Back