Posting a new meme everyday 'til Iron Maiden releases new studio album

57qyef.jpg

Bruce immediately post-FOTD would never have had the necessary gravitas carry off the masterpiece of dark introspection that is TXF. A few years later, whatever. But not in 1995.

It was a brave change of direction resulting in an magnificent epic that the world (and Bruce) was simply not ready for: in short, they needed BALZE to make that album :D

Bruce immediately post-FOTD would never have had the necessary gravitas carry off the masterpiece of dark introspection that is TXF. A few years later, whatever. But not in 1995.

It was a brave change of direction resulting in an magnificent epic that the world (and Bruce) was simply not ready for: in short, they needed BALZE to make that album :D
In a parallel universe (if Bruce stuck after FOTD) I think they could pull off that kind of darker album, maybe it could've been grittier instead of depressive, but they could certainly make a good album. I mean, some of Skunkworks lean in that direction and even Bruce admitted he wanted to go more grunge-y.
But what I really wanted to ask is: why BALZE? I've seen it many times and I don't know was that a typo that become famous or slang for something or what? What's the story behind that?

Day 154

58y9to.jpg

Back