Poe

Not A Virgin is great but the title track is far and away my favorite. I love that song so fucking much.

As a person who listens to pop quite a lot, I feel like it's songs like "Not a Virgin" that paved the way for all these female empowerment anthems we have today, and that are so common in the genre. I appreciate that a lot, and I believe if Poe had released both of her albums (particularly Haunted) today, she would've been critically acclaimed. For sure.

Apparently, House of Leaves is a horror novel written by her brother.

I guess that makes sense.

Yeah. I plan on checking out that book soon. Haunted and House Of Leaves we’re both reactions to tapes found by their deceased father. I hear the novel is really good and clears up certain aspects of the album. Mark also spoke on a mix of Hey Pretty intended for radio because of sexism.

Actually, now that you brought it up, Haunted sounds like it could serve as the soundtrack to a drama/thriller film.

Actually, now that you brought it up, Haunted sounds like it could serve as the soundtrack to a drama/thriller film.
Plot twist: Haunted IS a drama/thriller film.

Okay now I’m gonna have to adapt it into a novel aren’t i

We need someone like Poe in modern pop / alt.
I was thinking about this today.

Diesel, do you by any means know Billie Eilish? She kinda reminds me of Poe. Not that they sound similar, it's mostly her attitude that does the trick, but also in the sense that she actually considerably pushes a lot of boundaries as far as the current pop scene is concerned.

I was thinking about this today.

Diesel, do you by any means know Billie Eilish? She kinda reminds me of Poe. Not that they sound similar, it's mostly her attitude that does the trick, but also in the sense that she actually considerably pushes a lot of boundaries as far as the current pop scene is concerned.
I’ve heard of her, but I haven’t heard her.

Back