Please post reviews and thoughts on Senjutsu here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, this is interesting...

Kevin Shirley posted a photo from the session notes:

-Senjutsu's original title was The Great Wall.

-Adrian was to have a solo on Stratego along with Jan.

-Solo on DOFP is from the demo.

So they actually spent some time working the songs out!

Reactions: jcv

I always think he just wants to tell us that: "don't shoot the messenger!" or "I just followed orders!" in hindsight :)

Interesting!

Anyone else think the 2 min intro and extended outro on hell on earth are pointless tho and it would have been perfectly fine as a hard hitting 9 min song?
10-12 minutes songs are almost always bloated. by definition. i'm not sure why the lads still feel the need (looking at you, Steve) to "establish" mood - just get on with it!!!

About the possible senjutsu world tour setlist after we heard the album: Would you be okay with a setlist like senjutsu + encore?
no way. almost no studio album is worthy of an entire set. operation mindcrime and master of puppets are very rare exceptions. i've listened to 60% of album so far and i'm generally liking it but there's no way i wanna here a 10 minute anything live. it's just too long.

no way. almost no studio album is worthy of an entire set. operation mindcrime and master of puppets are very rare exceptions. i've listened to 60% of album so far and i'm generally liking it but there's no way i wanna here a 10 minute anything live. it's just too long.
TBH, a setlist without Hell on Earth would disappoint me. In TFF tour The Talisman and WTWWB were the most expected songs for me to hear. But you are right there are lots of songs that are underplayed or even never played. But I prefer Senjutsu+encore to Iron Maiden, Run to the Hills, Fear of the Dark etc. + 5 senjutsu songs type of setlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back