Please post reviews and thoughts on Senjutsu here

Status
Not open for further replies.
What flaws you are talking about @Gk1 ? There are some rip offs from previous Maiden especially from TBOS album, apart from that I didn't find many.

Somewhat higher opinions on a second run through. The Steve half still recycles too many things (LIALW, TTM, DOTC, I'm looking at you) but it's fun enough. Every song Adrian writes on is fantastic.

For me this is strongest album since (at least) BNW. Even on AMOLAD there are songs that I skip but on this album even songs that I like the least have good parts and work as a great intro to songs that I like.

You getting too excited. AMOLAD is a beast. Let it sink first.

Somewhat higher opinions on a second run through. The Steve half still recycles too many things (LIALW, TTM, DOTC, I'm looking at you) but it's fun enough. Every song Adrian writes on is fantastic.

I agree- although none of the Steve epics are 'bad' I feel they are a little more expected than some of the other songs. The first part of the album has so many great (unexpected) moments- then the second half feels a little 'samey'- NOT BAD, just not as fresh or inspired as the first half.
Wayyyyy better than TBOS (for me) but still could have used a bit of trimming on some of those longer songs.

I agree- although none of the Steve epics are 'bad' I feel they are a little more expected than some of the other songs. The first part of the album has so many great (unexpected) moments- then the second half feels a little 'samey'- NOT BAD, just not as fresh or inspired as the first half.
Wayyyyy better than TBOS (for me) but still could have used a bit of trimming on some of those longer songs.
TBOS is my favourite Maiden album; I'd be surprised to see this come close to supplanting it based on initial impressions. At the same time, there are enough songs I really like (the first three, DOFP, TDH, HOE) that I imagine it'll settle comfortably somewhere in the middle.

Agreed.

My top 6 in Senjutsu:
Senjutsu, Stratego, TWOTW, Days of Future Past, The Parchment, HoE
Vs
My top 6 in TBOS
Book of Souls, If Eternity Should Fail, The Great Unknown, TRATB, Empire

Overall Senjutsu feels much stronger even after excluding The Darkest Hour and The Time Machine.

IMO, the fast rockers Stratego and Days of FP beats Speed of Light and Days of Glory. From the epics Book of souls beats any on Senjutsu but Parchment or HoE beats TRATB. Darkest Hour beats Tears of a Clown. Great Unknown is a tie with The Time Machine

Last edited:
It seens Lost In A Lost World is going to divide opinions. I personally loved it . Sure it lacks originality and some self plagiarism in the middle parts but it's still a fantastic song imo.

My least favorite is easily death of the Celts that hasn't grabbed me yet.

I do think every steve epic could have had time trimmed off them a few do have that its only 10+ mins for the sake of it feel

If i'd have to rank from favorite to least :

Hell on Earth
Days Of Future Past
Stratego
Senjutsu
Darkest Hour
The Time Machine
The Parchment
The Writing on the Wall
Death of the Celts
Lost in A Lost World

The good:
- Stratego
- The Writing On The Wall
- Days of Future Past
- The Darkest Hour
- Hell On Earth

The bad:
- Lost In A Lost World
- The Time Machine
- Death of the Celts

The ones that are gonna take a long time to sink in:
- Senjutsu
- The Parchment

If i'd have to rank from favorite to least :

Hell on Earth
Days Of Future Past
Stratego
Senjutsu
Darkest Hour
The Time Machine
The Parchment
The Writing on the Wall
Death of the Celts
Lost in A Lost World
Mine would be:
The Parchment
Senjutsu
Stratego
Hell on Earth
The Writing on the Wall
Days Of Future Past
The Time Machine
Darkest Hour
Death of the Celts
Lost in A Lost World

Reactions: FTB
Anyone else think the 2 min intro and extended outro on hell on earth are pointless tho and it would have been perfectly fine as a hard hitting 9 min song?
I think 'pointless' is a strong word- but I do think the song could lose those elements without sacrificing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back