Paul's Going To Jail?

Stan

Nomad
According to the Daily Mail, former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno (real name: Paul Andrews) is facing jail time after he falsely collected U.K. government benefits by claiming he suffered nerve damage to his back that prevented him from working.

Di'Anno, 52, admitted swindling taxpayers out of more than £45,000 (approximately $72,000) by claiming a range of incapacity benefit, housing benefit and council tax handouts, by stating he was to ill to work, between 2002 and 2008. He claimed to be suffering from Sciatica, or nerve damage to the back.

D'Anno was reportedly busted when investigators at Department Of Work And Pensions (DWP) received an anonymous tip that he was still singing. They then found videos and pictures on YouTube and the rocker's own web site of Di'Anno "energetically leaping around on stage, singing to fans around the world."

Honorary Recorder Judge Andrew Barnett told Di'Anno at yesterday's hearing at at Salisbury Crown Court, "You have got the sense and courage to plead guilty to these matters, but you have to understand that they are very serious.

"Although all sentence options will be open, you should prepare yourself for a prison sentence — and an immediate one at that."

Di'Anno will be sentenced on March 11.

Di'Anno completed his first North American tour in early 2010, 17 years after he was deported following a prison term for guns and drug offenses.

"In 1991 I did a couple of stints in jail for guns and drugs," Di'Anno explained in a 2010 interview. "I was stupid. But after I'd done my stretch they still treated me like a criminal. And I was — but I wasn't that bad. So I didn't feel good about America. The government, not the people.

"Prison was tough, but I'm tougher. I was nobody's bitch, put it that way. You've got to do it; otherwise people will walk all over you."

I've changed my mind about Paul.  He's not an asshole, he's a huge greedy asshole.  I'm surprised he didn't get caught sooner.

Well, the next step would be for Paul to seek Sanctuary from the law, or perhaps disappear in some sort of Innocent Exile.

I hope he keeps his distance, walks away, doesnt take his bait or drop the soap while he is in there.

He may end up with a cell mate who wants to act out the lyrics to Drifter:

I'm gonna cuddle up with you tonight,
Gonna get you feeling so secure.
Listen child don't you see there's a cure?

His cell mate(s) will be singing The Prisoner all the time just to piss him off.

"I DIDN'T SING ON THAT FUCKING SONG ANYWAY. BUGGER OFF, YOU FUCKING FACELESS TWATS!!!''

Stan said:
Di'Anno will be sentenced on March 11.

What a date! Very near to The Ides of March indeed, the day of "punishment", and one of the few tracks Di'Anno had nothing to do with. So the odds look pretty bad. ;)

Entering the prison might happen on the 15th.

In that same vein.

Paul singing in his jail cell:

Unchain the 'cuffs before my eyes,
Tears of remembrance for yesterday's sorrows,
will be tomorrow's white lies.
Scan the horizon, the inmates take me higher,
I shall return with my ass ripped up
and on fire-ah-ah-ah-ah.

How did it take them so long to catch him? The fact that no one noticed he was playing concerts must be worse than going to jail for Paul.

Back