Paul Di'Anno

No.
At least there is a party in Steve House in 1986 or 87 where Paul went. Ross Half captured it for the first photo book for Maiden.
Paul also appears in 12 wasted years in the Steve House I think playing billiard and talking about early days with the band.
Nonetheless I don't think I ever saw an image of these two since Paul left the band. Amazing.

Bruce seeing Maiden for first time: I know I can do it better than this guy.
Paul seeing Maiden after 40 years: I know I can do it better than this guy.

Paul thinking: No balls to play Wrathchild :lol:
Blaze thinking : I know I do better than these guys, seeing their catastrophic solo careers, mine is still working and Steve surely wants me back in his band as he thanked me in the booklet, he didn't do this with Bruce and Paul. :p

Blaze thinking : No balls to play The Angel And The Gambler. :facepalm:

Last edited:
I remembered reading something about Paul visiting Eddie's Bar in Portugal in the 90's (a place which used to be open to the public, close to Steve's home at the time).

Here it is:

In 1993 Paul Di'anno who was passing through Portugal stopped at Eddie's Bar. Philippe Landreaud a fan since the beginning, member of the NOTB magazine, team captured the reunion between Manu et Paul during an improvised photo shoot.
See article NOTB n°3

During his stay in the Algarve, Paul also met Steve and they therefore, of course, took advantage by taking a trip down memory lane over a couple of beers. To note that the leather wrist bands that Paul wore while playing in Iron Maiden are kept in Eddie's Bar (Manu has attached them to the roof).

So they met in 1993 as well.

Was just about to post this. One wonders why they didn't pay up before or why he needed more money since I thought the crowd funding covered it.

Still, it's nice of them to look after Paul.

Was just about to post this. One wonders why they didn't pay up before or why he needed more money since I thought the crowd funding covered it.

Still, it's nice of them to look after Paul.
Maybe there were too busy before and they didn't read any article about what Paul has been through all these years...

Yeah not sure why this hasnt happened sooner. They were quick enough to help Clive and its not like Pauls issues haven't been in the news. Maybe Pauls little visit to the Croatia gig helped:bigsmile:

Here’s the official video:

Interestingly, Di’anno sounds sort of like a tired and inebriated Rob Halford here.

Here’s the official video:

Interestingly, Di’anno sounds sort of like a tired and inebriated Rob Halford here.
Thanks for sharing. :) I like this song, it's heavy, sometimes punky and it's so Di'Anno. ;) OK, his voice is not so energetic as in the past, he seems tired (as you said), but it's normal : he has so many years of pain behind him, that's why he sounds a little bit exhausted. Overall, this song is pretty good. :cool:

Back