Paul Di'Anno

Well, he has a song called Beast Arises. It's about his ex wife.

I don't think his new band sounds that bad from what they sound like on the this teaser.

But the chorus sounds a bit like Elected by Alice Cooper.

:)

Isn't Paul the one who was recorded at a gig saying 'Fuck Metal' and going on and on about how he is all about punk? Yet this is clearly metal. Perhaps I'm wrong, I just swear I remember him being quoted as thinking metal is inferior.

The vocals on that track aren't that bad, better than some bands for sure... problem is I don't think I've seen a single live recording where he sounds anything close to that.

His appearance on Jake E Lee's solo album is pretty decent.

Edit. Just checked out a couple of old battlezone tunes. Pretty neat, but I like Killers better.

Last edited:
That Red Dragon Cartel album actually has some really good stuff. Some great guest appearances too. Surprised it wasn't talked about much on here, given Paul DiAnno is on it.

Isn't Paul the one who was recorded at a gig saying 'Fuck Metal' and going on and on about how he is all about punk? Yet this is clearly metal. Perhaps I'm wrong, I just swear I remember him being quoted as thinking metal is inferior.
Well in his anti-Bruce tirades (the ones after some morons had been shouting "Bruce Dickinson" at him) he was ranting that his "music" is Punk Rock.

But the question is, should he be hitting those notes? :D

The whole statement goes a bit further (bolder) even:
"I've got tell you one thing, my voice is actually getting better. I'm hitting notes I've never hit in quite a long time. And you know why? 'Cause I don't fuss about over it. Some people, they go, 'Oh, I've got a slight cough. Let's cancel the whole show. The whole tour's gonna be off.' If you look at my touring schedule, it's brutal, normally. I do this five, six, seven days a week, something like that, and I'm still hitting those notes. And I'm really happy with what we're doing in the studio. I'm hitting notes Rob Halford can't hit anymore. So I'm doing quite well; I'm really happy. And the reason why is 'cause I don't fuss about over it. A slight little cough? 'Oh, no, that's it; everything is off.' Me, I don't care of me voice. I still smoke, I still drink. I still have it, mate."

Paul is running his mouth again. Pay no attention. :p
When Halford's voice was completely shot in 2008-09, he still sounded better than Paul...

I sound better than Paul. And I have a cold, been hoarse for a week and can't sing to begin with.

Reactions: Yax
Back