Paul Di'Anno

A friend of mine saw Paul Di'Anno in Perth the other night and said he stopped three songs, shouted at his band and threatened to beat up the sound engineer and a heckler in the crowd. He also promised a free show 'next time' he's in Australia but I can't see that happening :lol: Chris Dale is also with him, however he's not playing bass in his band. He did however push Paul's wheelchair onto the stage. He must have just flown out for a holiday.

I was half tempted to see him in Melbourne on Friday, but I saw him at Keep it True in October 2022 and it was such a train wreck I don't think I'll bother. It's funny but also desperately sad at this point. Paul obviously isn't in the right physical or mental condition to be touring but needs the cash.

I do not mean to be rude, but threatening to beat up someone who was doing his job when Paul is clearly not up to doing his is the ultimate joke!

I was there. It was ROUGH.

Paul was great to meet and he seemed fairly jovial in the M&G segment, but man, he was a royal dick on stage. Easier to kinda call him Paul Mustaine after a performance like that. Was good when it was actually performing, but he’s gotta just stick to singing. Makes you realise that Steve was onto something 42 years ago when he sacked him.

He was also late to the stage, but the whole venue is not well catered to a handicapped performer. All stairs, all very steep.

Damn, sad, pathetic and hilarious too.

…But Di’Anno did not adapt to his surroundings. He started with a smile on his dial, but it soon faded. Halfway into ‘Murders in The Rue Morgue’ he stopped the show. Admittedly the band was out of time, but I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw a show stopped because the song wasn’t perfect. Di’Anno had a rant at his drummer and complained he couldn’t hear himself. His lead guitarist then apologized on the microphone the band hadn’t rehearsed for the show at all. It was like Spinal Tap on steroids. Things eventually got going again, but between every song the frontman complained. It started with jetlag, being tired, the weather, the sound and his microphone. Paul wanted a cordless one so the lead wouldn’t get tangled in his wheelchair. This was actually a fair call, but not one to make mid-show. The wheelchair also copped the man-child’s wrath for being “f^%king uncomfortable”. Like a toddler throwing a toy from their highchair Di’Anno pulled a cushion he was sitting on and threw it on the stage. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the man called himself The manager…one guy from Croatia who write books ? LOL

If you think you've seen it all… The day after this review.

I think due to health issues and recent surgery he must stay at home resting and recovering instead of traveling all over the world being squeezed by 'the manager'

Last edited:
If you think you've seen it all… The day after this review.

I think due to health issues and recent surgery he must stay at home resting and recovering instead of traveling all over the world being squeezed by 'the manager'
I know I shouldn’t laugh, but the sight of him being wheeled off whilst growling some of the lyrics to Prowler was comic genius. I’m sitting here laughing in tears.

On a serious note, he clearly isn’t in good shape. Bless him.

I know I shouldn’t laugh, but the sight of him being wheeled off whilst growling some of the lyrics to Prowler was comic genius. I’m sitting here laughing in tears.

On a serious note, he clearly isn’t in good shape. Bless him.

Growler!

Makes that old video of him “singing” Charlotte the Harlot sound like Pavarotti.

Back