Paul Di'Anno

Nobody should be blinded by their love of a band's music so much that they are blinded by significant flaws in band members or former members. I'm sure there are plenty of Pantera fans who think that Phil Anselmo is a scumbag, for example.

Especially with the recent Nazi salute

Nobody should be blinded by their love of a band's music so much that they are blinded by significant flaws in band members or former members. I'm sure there are plenty of Pantera fans who think that Phil Anselmo is a scumbag, for example.
Totally agree with you Wiz, and I think I have no illusions in this regard. But I don't understand why several people on this forum seem to believe that constantly badmouthing ex-members somehow makes them better and more loyal fans of today's Maiden, that's all.

Totally agree with you Wiz, and I think I have no illusions in this regard. But I don't understand why several people on this forum seem to believe that constantly badmouthing ex-members somehow makes them better and more loyal fans of today's Maiden, that's all.

Not my case. I just think benefit cheats or women-beaters are pieces of shit.

Most ex-members seem to be pretty nice and likeable people. Paul DiAnno is not one of them.

Not my case. I just think benefit cheats or women-beaters are pieces of shit.

Most ex-members seem to be pretty nice and likeable people. Paul DiAnno is not one of them.
Reducing Paul to a benefit cheat, women-beater piece of shit seems somewhat unfair to me but hey, I might just be a victim of his charisma. Thanks for the exchange of opinions anyway.

@GhostofCain what's the story with the 'woman beater' stuff?

I think I may have read something relating to this in his biography "The Beast", but I am not certain.
I certainly am not going to subject myself to reading that book again though!

His own words made me dislike his character somewhat.

Speaking of women beating, I never knew this either!

Reducing Paul to a benefit cheat, women-beater piece of shit seems somewhat unfair to me but hey, I might just be a victim of his charisma. Thanks for the exchange of opinions anyway.

We can agree to disagree. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what he did with Maiden, but by his own words and acts he seems to be a pretty nasty character. I do not have any sympathy for tax benefit cheats or people who beat women.

Paul Di'anno's Battlezone & Paul Di'anno's Killers facebook group shared:
It brings us great sadness to announce that original Battlezone guitarist, John Hurley has passed on. John was a contributor to the album Fighting Back, and was a fantastic guitar player. He will be greatly missed.

Fighting Back album was released in 1986.

This is Too Much To Heart:

and Welfare Warriors:

Hurley wrote all songs from the album (lyrics by Di'Anno), except "(Forever) Fighting Back" by Bob Falck. (Source: wiki)

Last edited:
I really appreciate what he did with Maiden.
Sure, sure. It's hard to keep up with it.
But I don't understand why several people on this forum seem to believe that constantly badmouthing ex-members somehow makes them better and more loyal fans of today's Maiden, that's all.
:notworthy:

We got another fine contribution on this page today, @Magnus. Again by a Bruce/Adrian-only fan.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.....

giphy.gif

Back