Ozzy Osbourne Rants Against Bruce Dickinson

Jeffmetal said:
People must get their facts together - Bruce never mentioned Ozzy's name when criticising media and reality shows. He always criticizes the crap around the world, always did. Only time he mentioned Ozzy's name was to wish a good recovery when Ozzy had some sickness mid-tour.

... c'mon. We're not idiots here.

Imagine for a second if you're at work...you are strongly offended by your co-workers comments, and then you proceed to take it out in front of the customer...causing the customer to lose out on their money and causing your other co-workers embarassment.

In the real world, you would lose your job.  In 'metal', you're cool.  Go figure

Whatever Sharon and Ozzy's beef with Bruce, it should have been done behind closed doors.  Deliberately sabotaging their set, when people paid good f&%^(# money to see them, is completely and totally unprofessional.  Ozzy's camp lost site of the fact that ithey nsulted many of the fans who attended the show. 

If they were insulted by Bruce's rants, they should have grabbed Rod & Bruce after a show, let them know their concerns,  and attempted to resolve the situation like grown adults.  I'm sure the people who drove for hours in the summer heat and dropped a few hundred $ for the tickets, parking, food, t-shirts etc... really appreciated the 13 year old juvenile response.  <_<

Bruce didn't start the feud, Sharon did, whatever Bruce said onstage is nothing compared to the things Sharon did in the first place.
From the very first night of Ozzfest there was a touring t-shirt with a anti-Maiden message being sold, Bruce hadn't said a single bad word about Ozzy or Ozzfest at that point.

Here's an article about the t-shirt: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=39372

Here's a pic of the shirt: http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1850/49b81zz0.jpg

Then on the second night Maiden got their sound cut for the first time.

Steve Harris: "We played a great show on the first night of the tour in Boston and she did not say anything. But on the second show, we went onstage and we had no sound. Nothing was coming from the PA during the first song. I think that it's highly unprofessional."
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=57675

Sharon was probably threatened that Maidens popularity would overshadow Ozzy and pulled those childish stunts to begin with.
It's not the first time she has sabotaged for other people.
Carmine Appice played drums on the Bark at the Moon tour, at that point he was a very popular drummer.
He asked her if he could sell his own touring t-shirts which she agreed to. After some time on the road he went to check how the sales for the shirts had gone, not a single shirt had been sold. It turned out that Sharon personally had cut out his face with scissors on every single t-shirt.
Another thing that happened was after someone had written a review stating his drumsolo was the best thing of the show, the next night she sabotaged his drumsolo by messing with the lightshow and making his drumriser moving around at unappropriate times.
A couple of days later he got fired, she claimed he was to famous for being in Ozzys band.

That thing with Carmine Appice is clearly in line how she treated Maiden to begin with. It makes me sick reading comments like Bruce shouldn't said that, Ozzy paid Maidens salary blah,blah,blah. Bruce had the rights to say anything he wanted onstage after she messed with Maiden.

Finally, someone else remembered the T-shirt issue. Bottom line is: they were crapping their pants Maiden was coming to show them how to make and play Heavy Metal and they knew they were going to blow everyone offstage which they, of course, did! :edmetal:

Wow, Ozzy might be one of the biggest hypocrites and sell outs in the history of metal.  We've all probably engaged in arguments about bands like Metallica or even Rush "selling out", but to criticize somebody like Bruce, who like people have said is an author, pilot, fencer, etc. plus a strict non drug user about making fairly general and accurate comments about reality television, and saying he needs a psychatrist?  This is the man who bit the head of a dove onstage.  Call me biased, but I'll have to seriously consider before paying for anything Ozzy puts out again.  <_<

Yes, sorry a$$ Sharon is jealous as hell of Iron Maiden, and always has been.  She knows what every metal fan knows; that Maiden is, was and always will be the Greatest Metal performers of all time.  If not for Maiden, Ozzy   would be even more popular, and would have a firm grip on the title of Metal king [or prince or whatever he wants to be].  
   I'm sorry to offend here, but only the jealousy and greed of a stupid Battle axe of a woman like her would make these mistakes.  The two powers of Metal, Maiden and Ozzy easily co-existed at the top for years.  There was always an UN-said rivalry between the two, more amongst the fans I think.  But a jealous, celebrity hungry metal outsider like Sharron, is too stupid and greedy to let this be.  Throw in the fact that her B list celebrity status was shriveling and you have this outburst of egg throwing and booby trapping.

Bruce does speak his mind.  He is a champion of what is right in this world, and is not afraid to say it.  Reality T.V is for chumps, and is dulling the brains of millions.  "Here watch these idiots just frigging live their day to day  lives, that's a show"!!  Bullshi$ it is!!!  It is moronic!!

I remember the on the documentary on the AMOLAD DVD that came with the CD. Bruce says something about singing makes them prone to being fat due to the release of a hormone, Shirley replied "Does that account for your oversized ego?"
Just about sums up Bruce, if he didnt agree with Ozzy or didnt like what they were doing why go on THEIR tour ffs. Sometimes he's a complete idiot.

Sometimes in life you just have to STFU and get on with it.

Overlord said:
I remember the on the documentary on the AMOLAD DVD that came with the CD. Bruce says something about singing makes them prone to being fat due to the release of a hormone, Shirley replied "Does that account for your oversized ego?"
Just about sums up Bruce, if he didnt agree with Ozzy or didnt like what they were doing why go on THEIR tour ffs. Sometimes he's a complete idiot.

Sometimes in life you just have to STFU and get on with it.

Agreed.

Bornless 1
Bruce does speak his mind.  He is a champion of what is right in this world, and is not afraid to say it.  Reality T.V is for chumps, and is dulling the brains of millions.  "Here watch these idiots just frigging live their day to day  lives, that's a show"!!  Bullshi$ it is!!!  It is moronic!!

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's right to share it, (as in he has the right, but that doesn't make it right.) I agree with everything Bruce said, I just don't think he should have said anything on that tour.

You can stand up for what's right, for what you believe in, but you can do it in a bad way, and Bruce did. No one is going to listen to you if you insult them, call them stupid, tell them that the thing they love is an utter waste of time and that they should be ashamed of themselves. Bruce didn't come across as the bringer of truth, and integrity. He came across as a judgmental close minded snob, who thinks he's better then people who watch shows he doesn't like. (note: I'm not saying he is, or that's what he thinks, I'm merely stating how he came across)  

It's even more of a dick move because they were touring with Ozzy. Yeah Bruce never said Ozzy's name in a negative sentence. But it doesn't take a genius to realize the connection.  

That of course doesn't justify what Sharon did. She was just as childish as Bruce, the difference being, her childish behavior screwed over paying fans.

For the record, I hate Reality TV, I hate what it's doing to America, but I respect people more then I hate TV.

Mozzle, you really sound like you think that Sharon's actions were as bad as Bruce's. You even attack Bruce more than Sharon. Are you aware of the differences between the things they have done?

Bruce said things.

Sharon tried to fuck up Maiden's show, bringing the power down 5 or 6 times, playing a lousy tape through the intro and by letting people throw eggs at the band. She blamed the whole band, and thousands of fans, of which the most left after Maiden's show.

Forostar said:
Mozzle, you really sound like you think that Sharon's actions were as bad as Bruce's. You even attack Bruce more than Sharon. Are you aware of the differences between the things they have done?

Bruce said things.

Sharon tried to fuck up Maiden's show, bringing the power down 5 or 6 times, playing a lousy tape through the intro and by letting people throw eggs at the band. She blamed the whole band, and thousands of fans, of which the most left after Maiden's show.

*sigh* I think both Sharon and Bruce screwed up. I think neither of them acted like professionals.

Although I love Maiden, I don't always agree with everything they say or do. This "incident" being an example.

What Sharon did, had bigger consequences then what Bruce said, but that doesn't make Bruce blameless.  

The reason I choose to focus on Bruce and not Sharon, is because this is an Iron Maiden forum. We as an (Iron Maiden Family) need to first and foremost examine ourselves.

I don't see a reason or a need to call Sharon names. A lot of this thread has been "Sharon is a bitch, Sharon is a c**t" and my previous post was a reaction to that.

My philosophy has always been to work on correcting the mistakes in my own life rather then pointing out the mistakes in everyone else's. We are an Iron Maiden family, and I think that  same philosophy applies.

As a fan, I want to represent Maiden as best I can. As a community, I think it's unhealthy to point fingers and call people names. I don't think anyone can grow from anger and resentment. However I do think we can grow from admitting that we aren't perfect. Apologizing for our side of this incident, and then simply moving on.

If Sharon doesn't want to apologize, if she thinks she has done nothing wrong, well that would be her decision. Calling her names won't change that.

All we can do is focus on being better ourselves. If we admit to our side, and they never choose to admit to theirs, well that's okay. That's their decision.  

You can spend your whole life looking for apologies looking for ways to get even. You can put people down because you feel like they deserved it. But you'll never be satisfied because you may never get that apology, and you never really get even, it'll just escalate.

So to reiterate what I wrote at the top, the reason why I focused on Bruce, is because Bruce is on our side. I'll stand up for him when he's right, and I'll call him on something when he's not. But I won't blindly defend him, and I won't hold grudges against people who don't like him, or who have offended our community.  

I hope you don't think I'm being preachy, because that's not my intentions at all. Up the Irons.  :)

Wow, very nice again Mozzle!

You should write the fourth installment in the "life lessons / life feels good" album opener saga (currently consisting of Wildest Dreams, Different World and The Final Frontier) and send the lyrics to Adrian Smith to write music to it for the next album. :D It would definitely be the best one.

Jokes aside, I really do agree with you there. If others are petty and vindictive, there's no reason for oneself to behave in the same way.

@Mozzle:

Who's exactly defending Bruce blindly here? Who is blind here? You say you don't defend Bruce blindly, but why mention it? You think some of us do? You're surely insinuating this. Want to correct us? Want to point out a mistake?

I thought your post was very preachy.
You just pointed your finger at this whole community while only a few of us called her names.

mozzle said:
My philosophy has always been to work on correcting the mistakes in my own life rather then pointing out the mistakes in everyone else's.

I have just witnessed that.

Sharon is not a member of this board, she won't be offended by it. I don't mind if 6 out of 100 people from this board are calling her names. It won't hurt anyone. It won't escalate, that happened five years ago.

To say that we must better ourselves, that we must examine ourselves, that's so exaggerated.
For instance:

mozzle said:
Apologizing for our side of this incident"

What side? I haven't done anything wrong. You may apologize to Sharon, but not in my name.

Our individual sins have nothing to do with this so called feud. Still we may have an opinion about it. But no, you want to drag us to the confession chair.

Sorry man, had to get this off my chest. I strongly disagree with this "community view" which does not leave any room for individual opinions (and words) you don't like (and I didn't call you names ;) ).

I don't think it was that preachy…I thought Mozzle was sharing his view, that both parties were in the wrong, and sometimes, degree of being wrong doesn't matter. We don't need a long-winded explanation here to explain why Sharon's a cunt - she is. But to explain why Bruce was an asshole - and he was being a bit of an asshole - well. That takes a longer winded explanation.

I'm really baffled to see that some of you people still thinks Bruce was wrong mouthing off, didn't you read my first post?

Lets try again.

1. For the very first show Sharon had made a touring t-shirt which clearly had an anti-Maiden message printed on it.
This shirt was on sale for fans. At this point Bruce had NOT said anything bad about neither Ozzy or Ozzfest.
This t-shirt was clearly an attack on Maiden as a whole group not just Bruce, if Sharon already had a grudge with Bruce at that point it would have made more sence to print only his name on it.

2. For the second show she cut the sound to the PA through Maidens whole opening number. A fan who watched the show from the mixing desk spotted one of Sabbath's crew pulling out the lines from the stage and just stood there grinning with the cables in his hand for the whole song. That incident was later personally confirmed by Steve in the interview from my first post.
Again, this was an attack on the whole band, not just Bruce.

3. Through the rest of the tour there has been several reports that as soon as Maiden went onstage the sound dropped severly in quality throughout their whole set just to return to normal state when Sabbath hit the stage.

I really don't see the problem with Bruce making snide remarks through the rest of the tour, they weren't welcomed in the first place instead the whole band got attacked just because Sharon was afraid that they would overshadow Ozzy, something which they clearly did.

Who's exactly defending Bruce blindly here? Who is blind here? You say you don't defend Bruce blindly, but why mention it? You think some of us do? You're surely insinuating this. Want to correct us? Want to point out a mistake?

I thought your post was very preachy.
You just pointed your finger at this whole community while only a few of us called her names.

Forostar. To suggest that as a community we constantly work on being welcoming and friendly to everyone, so that as a community we can grow, doesn't imply that I think people here are douche bags. I think this is a great group of individuals who make a great community.

I just really don't see the benefit of an us verses them mentality. I don't want kids who grew up listening to Ozzy feeling like they can't give Maiden a fair chance, because they feel like that would betraying Ozzy. I don't see why there needs to be sides.

My philosophy has always been to work on correcting the mistakes in my own life (individual) rather then pointing out the mistakes in everyone else's.

I have just witnessed that.

In this case, the community is the individual. At least in the context I was speaking in.

Our individual sins have nothing to do with this so called feud
I totally agree! I never meant to imply that they were.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We've gotten to the point where we're quoting individual lines, and for me that is a usually a big red blinking light. (typically at this point, it because less about the issue, and more about the argument)

I think we've both been fairly clear in presenting what we think, so that's not the issue, I simply think we don't agree... and that's okay.

So I'm sorry if it came across as being preachy to you Forostar. We good?

Well, since others had no problem with it, I am looking at myself and think I might've taken it the wrong way.
Sorry too if I was to picky. *shakes hands*

Back